“Location, location, location”

Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The title speaks for itself. That is the only thing this hotel has going for its self. It has small rooms. With it being so close to he beach everything was rusting in the hotel room. Phone didn't work. I did ask for an extra blanket and it was brought to me. Great breakfast and they serve until 9:30. If you don't care about your room everything else about this hotel is great. Nice pool, great walking distance to the beach. You can have your morning coffee walking on the beach with the sound of waves crashing in the background. I would request a room facing the pool and make sure it is a bottom floor. You can walk out straight to the pool. It is also walking distance to Blackbeards, Lexington, and bars. Great bar the blue marlin. As I said great hotel except for the room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cola8748

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
TEXAS
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Horrible hotel! Must have new owners or new management. Was not like this before. Hotel staff member selling Loratabs to several hotel guests by the pool. Hotel staff member also letting his friends swim in the pool who were not guests at the hotel. Loud noise from partying teens. Fights broke out. Office called several times. Nothing was ever done about the noise, the fights. Breakfast they offered expired spoiled milk from June 16. We were there June 30. They need a check from a city health inspector. Check in was a 4 pm. Not good if you are traveling with small children. Desk staff not very friendly they need classes on customer service. Place is close by the beach. But its pretty run down. We paid over 100 per night. For that price you are probably better off staying next door at the Raddison.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Wills Point, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Good place to stay. A few steps from the beach.. attractions n walking distance. breakfast is good there. People are nice.. lot's of eating places in walking distance.. Other things to do are not far away// a beautiful color changing bridge at nite...

Room Tip: they do have rooms over looking the beach, at a higher price. we got pool area.. which was fine...
1 Thank renee271963
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our last trip was spent at the Radisson, & this was definitely more for the money. Super friendly staff.. Always held doors for visitors & worked quickly to tidy up and address any concerns. Rooms were quiet!! You couldn't hear the other guests unless they slammed a door, which was great for traveling with our young son. He slept great and didn't disturb anyone when he wasn't sleeping, lol. My only complaints could be the carpet cleanliness and the building needing some repairs.. But this is the case for any of the buildings along the beach, especially since guests are constantly coming and going wet and sandy from outside. The beach front room on the ground floor was great.. You walk right out on to the beach from your private patio. Beautiful view, especially if you catch the sunrise! Free breakfast has great selection & the Monday morning was just as stocked and clean as Sat morning was. Very impressed! Lots of bang for the buck. Way bigger pool area than the other beach hotels with a kiddie pool too! Definitely the spot to chose on the beach!

Room Tip: Ground floor, ocean view is awesome! Walk right out to the beach from your private patio or right ou...
4 Thank vrai513
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family and I had 3 rooms at this hotel. This property has one of the best pools of alot of hotels I have been too. It was very large and kept very clean. We really liked the gazevos around the pool it worked great as a place to cool off. They also had a few right on the beach. The hotel has lots to do within walking distance. It is a public beach but not entirely crowded. The bed was comfortable. We had a poolside room it was nice being close to the pool. The roomwas rather small and we barely had room for a crib but with a little rearranging of the furniture we made it work. The housekeepers were very friendly. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms cost a little more and are small but did like door right off the pool
1 Thank missouriguy_416
Houston
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I paid $103 a day for 3 nights. I cleaned the pool area so I didn't have to see teach. Glass and beer bottles and garbage everywhere, towels not picked up on pool area and mold and dirt all over chairs. My room had rotten frames on bathroom area, mirror was roved along with part of wood on door. Curtains hanging off rod, patio was so dirty and mold and broken air condition frame was broken. It was filthy. I wash everything I had to touch. I mentioned my concerns to management and also to hotel next door since the owners own both hotels. They didn't care and when I said I was mailing all my pictures to Corporate.. His comment was" I wish you wouldn't". Beautiful location but TRASHY...I called Corporate and they listened to me but couldn't refund my money but gave me points for one nite at a Quality Inn. I'm hesitant but may someday use it!

• Stayed June 2014
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family and I rented a beachfront suite which turned out to be a nightmare. My family and I rented a two day stay for a personal celebration. The sink in the kitchen was clogged up and full of some disgusting water. This killed any appetite of eating anything in the rooms. At 7:00 pm, my son sat on the bench of our room outside, and there was flying cockroaches everywhere. They were coming from the bottom of the floorboards. My son has a phobia of bugs, and he did not want to come out of the room anymore. I called the front desk, and they spayed with a can of bug spray which did not help, and the maintenance man could not fix the sink. Pour weekend was literally ruined in this room. We paid $412.00 for two days, and the manager refunded $46.00 for our inconvenience. The view of the ocean from the room should have been magnificent, but the windows were so full of dirt you could not see anything. My family and I have stayed at the Quality Inn at Galveston, Texas, and it is a palace compared to the one in Corpus Christi.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family