“Old, but clean & great customer service”

Quality Inn & Suites on the Beach
Ranked #50 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had to adjoining rooms and they were both clean and well maintained with the exception of the carpets - they really need a good professional cleaning or replacing. Twice we needed maintenance for a remote and clogged toilet and they were there within a couple of minutes. The complimentary breakfast was great they had both hot and cold breakfast. Eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, muffins, etc. The hotel also had a huge beautiful pool which they cleaned daily, a mini pool for the toddlers, and a hot tub. They also had big beautiful cabanas in the pool area. The courtyard is perfect for playing shuffleboard, which they provide or any games you might provide yourself. We took ladder ball, bean bag toss, and washer toss. The boys tossed the football around and I took advantage of the shady areas to enjoy a few adult beverages. They also have a half court for basketball out in the parking area. Wifi was provided for free in all rooms and public areas. They provide an outside shower to rinse off when you come in from the beach and benches on the concrete area to look out towards the beach. Our rooms were facing the pool / courtyard area, but they do have rooms with an ocean view. Everything is within walking distance. Lexinton, Texas State Aquarium, Pier 99, Blackbeards, Fajitaville, etc. The lights on the lexington and the harbor bridge at night are beautiful. Great place for a family stay, but if your looking for a romatic get a way I wouldn't recommend during spring break as there are many kids running around. The place is older and it doesn't help that it's next to the Radission which is huge and brand new with luxury, but this place has character, is clean (besides the carpets), and has great customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites on the Beach over the holidays. I picked it due to its location. When we arrived in Corpus Christi early, the Front Desk obliged us with early check-in. The room was comfortable with fridge & microwave and a nice desk & chair to boot. The hot breakfast in the morning was exceptional. Good variety of juices, yogourt, bagels, toast, cereal, waffle maker plus eggs and bacon.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we stayed there again a couple days later when we passed back through Corpus Christi.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The staff is friendly, helpful and go over and above in making the stay the most comfortable and pleasant experience possible. The location is superb, right on the beach, minutes to downtown Corpus, and walking distance to the Lexington and the Aquarium. Thanks for making our weekend get away fantastic!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi in it
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is old,not clean,The carpet was sticky, bugs was inside the room- only location is good,access to beach ,close to downtown also complimentary breakfest.The hotels rooms need some remodeling .Also price as for December was too high- compare to quality of room.Next time I will look for different hotel.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Upon awakening from a short nap our first afternoon in the room, we found bed bugs on our bed. When informed, the front desk immediately provided an upgraded room in another building. The staff showed us to the new room and helped move our stuff. Our room rate was also discounted at check out without our asking.

Some may be put off by the discovery of bed bugs but the only way to keep bed bugs out of a hotel is to keep guests out. I think the staff of this hotel did everything they could for us. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Had it not been for the rocky start with the bugs I would have rated this motel excellent. The pool and spa area was always spotless. The breakfast had a good selection including some fresh fruit, bacon and eggs, waffles, etc. The staff was very responsive. I mentioned a burned out light to a maintenance worker on my way to the office to get some ice and a paper. He had already replaced the bulb before I returned.

Excellent location: paved path leads to Texas State Aquarium and Lexington Aircraft Carrier. Several restaurants nearby but we did not actually try any except the diningroom in the Raddison next door which we thought was rather expensive.

Room Tip: Get one of the king suites that opens to the beach. They are only a few bucks more and sitting on y...
Reviewed December 4, 2012

First of all my husband and I stayed here this past Saturday to celebrate my birthday. The carpet was sticky. At midnight I saw a huge roach crawl into my cowboy boot...uuugghhh. A few minutes later my husband saw another roach in the tub. I called the front desk. The lady who answered couldve cared less. In the morning I spoke with a different front desk clerk and she acted like she couldve cared less. My husband and I had to go through all of our stuff to make sure we didnt bring any unwanted bugs home. That place needs to be exterminated. Nobody there seemed to give a crap. I guess as long as they are making money thats all they are worried about!!I know I will never stay there again!!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was our first visit to the area and we were thankful for our GPS as it is a tricky place to reach the first time. I had reserved a room with a king size bed and a courtyard view for night 1 of our two night stay. As I had enough points through Choice Hotels, I upgraded to a suite for our second night. We were able to check in early as it is a slow season and there were rooms ready. We were assigned a room right up the hall from the breakfast area - handy. It was a very pleasant room with a view right straight through to the water. A nice surprise. I asked to see the room we would have on our second "upgraded" night. It was a real disappointment. Although it was a suite with a sofa bed, it consisted of two small rooms and no view - no welcoming feel. We ended up staying in our courtyard view room for both nights and would request that same room again. The breakfast had ample selections. The beach was very handy - the 1+mile walkway along the water is a bonus. On the negative side, can see that there would be a lot of noise when there is more occupancy both from slamming doors and thinish walls. Room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower better than average. My husband had a free birthday meal at Blackbeards restaurant next door. Loved watching the nearby bridge put on a lightshow at night. We're already talking of returning.

Room Tip: Wide variety of choices. We did not need a beach front room, but they are available. Adding a photo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple