“Scary” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Texas
“Scary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were looking for a decent place to stay the night before our reservation at a condo at Port Aransas. I did some internet searches and thought I had found a great place for our first night, well I was wrong. The room we were booked for had the toilet overflow so they moved us to another room. You could see daylight around the door and the sink was leaking making the carpet wet. What truly disappointed us the most was the dirty beach. There was so much trash on the beach along with dead fish and many dead jelly fish. The people at the hotel and on the beach seemed to not care one bit about where they threw their trash: floor, beach didn't matter to them. Just not in a trash can. The water had something in it that made us all terribly itchy, no wonder no one was in the water. When we spoke to some of the people on the beach we found they had had issues with the water making them itchy as well. Sorely disappointing. Back to the room the air conditioner could not keep up, we had it on high the entire night and it could barely keep the room cool. I am sure it didn't help that the hot air was coming in all around the door. To give them credit the staff did try to be helpful, not their fault the place was aweful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelinfine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We saw this beautiful beacfront hotel on the internet and made it a part of out motorcycle trip across Texas. A place to spend 3 days to unwind, regroup, and enjoy the beach. It was a nightmare. The internet pictures must have been taken 20 years ago and nothing had been done since. The air conditioner in our room sounded like a tractor and only functioned minimally. The shower faucet pulled out of the wall. The carpet was dirty. The grounds foilage needed trimmed back from the sidewalks and the morning breakfast was cold, unappetizing, and sparse. No bussing was done when guests left and you had to make your own "clean" place. No guest internet service. I was told, "you can go to the hotel next door and use theirs." The beachfront was grossly unkept with weeds, litter, and dead fish. It was by far the worst conditions I have encountered. Other guests told us they were luered there through the internet as well. It is also located on a bay. You can go in the water if you don't mind jellyfish and seaweed.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roseburgeson S

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had such a great time on our vacation to Corpus Christi! Staying at this hotel made our trip amazing and we felt very blessed to find this hotel. I read a couple of reviews that were negative for this hotel, however we decided to give it a shot and judge for ourselves, and we definately did not experience anything like that. Our room was very nice, clean, smelled great, nice sheets and comforter, and great location. If you are going to Corpus this IS the place to stay, it is right next to the Lexington and the Texas State Aquarium, We ate at Pier 99, Blackbeards, and Yummies, it was all very good food. The pool at this hotel was amazing at night it lights up electric blue and it was clean and large. Also the grounds were very clean and the landscaping had a very tropical feel. We ate breakfast at the hotel which was free and I was surprised it included bacon, eggs and alot of other stuff, we all ate as much as we wanted, then headed to the beach which was literally right outside the hotel, this was great, and when we returned from the beach our room was nice and cold and refreshing which was great since we all took a nap after a long day in the sun, then we were ready to have a great dinner and enjoy the evening. In the morning we got up early and had our morning coffee by the pool and then walked along the beach when no one was really around. We could walk to anything we wanted and didn't have to drive. We visited all the shops which were a stones throw away. The staff was so professional, caring, and treated us with class and respect, they were very accomodating, and made us feel comfortable and at home. The staff was also very helpful in recommending great places to eat and visit! I read some of the comments and I don't care what anybody says and who knows they may possibly have a hidden agenda, but without a doubt this hotel is awesome and it really is the best place to stay on the beach!!! Look bottom line is if I thought is was not up to par I would not have stayed there with my family and I definately would not be planning a trip back. We have found our vacation spot for many years to come. I know if you stayed there you will surely enjoy your stay as much as we did!!!

2 Thank DSpringer
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I thought we would take our 1 year old down to corpus for her first official vacation to go to the beach and play in the sand. I looked at all the wonderful pictures of the hotel online and thought this place looked awesome the pool looked great and the fact that you could walk right out on the beach. Boy was I wrong the pool was dirty and it seemed like it was more of a neighborhood pool than just for people staying in the hotel. You couldn't even get to the beach it looked like one of the windows was busted out and the doorway out to the beach was roped off with yellow tape. The beach on the other hand wasn't very well maintained either.

As far as our room went it was rundown. The carpets were filthy and you know with a baby they want to run all over the place. We wouldn't even let her touch the floor. Our refrigerater was broken. And as others reviewed the air conditioner didn't work either. The second night we had to go to walmart and buy a fan which helped but, I have never had to do that at a hotel. You would think when you told the front desk that your ac didn't work that might send someone to work on it. The metal base boards in the room were rusted. The shower curtain holder the screws were loose so the everytime you pulled the shower curtain closed it would slide back open. And as I was sitting on the bed watching tv I noticed that it seems like when they painted the wall in the room they didn't really paint it. I think they just got the bucket of paint and threw it at the wall because the wall was streaked with two different colors.

I would think a hotel with the name quality would be just that. I would think there would be some sort of regular inspection of hotels by the company to make sure they are living up to standards. This hotel was obviously not up to standard. Thank you quality inn for making this the worst vacation ever.

Room Tip: A tip for a good room go somewhere else spend a little more money somewhere else because there was n...
1 Thank jdenman22
Nacogdoches, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to make a pit stop in Corpus Christi a day before beginning our Port Aransas vacation. We had stayed in a Quality Inn in Houston the week before and it was so clean and well maintained...we thought the Quality Inn in Corpus Christi would be just as great. The pictures on the internet showed that the Corpus Christi hotel looked very similar to the Houston hotel. That was not the case. Upon check-in we noticed a horrible odor in the lobby. The lobby was nicely decorated though so we didn't think much of the smell...until we got to our room. We had a one bedroom room and upon entering we were completely turned off of this place. The paint was chipped and discolored throughout the room, the carpet was damp, the room smelled horrible, the bathtub had a dirty ring in it, there was hair on the towels, the shower curtain was stained, the vent above the shower had blackish brown stuff coming out of it, the fridge had white splatters all over the front, and the hair dryer was barely hanging on the wall. I wore shoes at all times and was afraid to touch ANYTHING. I was so disappointed that my short trip to Corpus Christi had me in a foul mood (until visiting the aquarium to cheer me up). If I were a more outspoken person I would have complained to the management, but since we were only staying for one night I sucked it up. The only good thing that this hotel had to offer was the closeness to the beach and the food at breakfast (minus the eggs). This hotel was a waste of money and I will not ever return! If you have any kind of standards for a hotel room, skip this place because all you will get is disappointment!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jessica9261
Lacy-Lakeview, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Over father's day weekend, I took my family down to Corpus Christi. I booked the hotel through choicehotels.com, since I was a member. I was going to book at a different hotel, but chose this one due to it's proximity to the beach. The location was amazing! The swimming pool was large, stayed open late, and had thatch-covered cabanas to put your stuff in, as well as lots of lounge chairs.

Upon check-in, I had asked for an upgrade and was told they didn't have any rooms available. The room I got was fine though. It had a front and back door (one faced the parking lot, the other opened up into the courtyard for the swimming pool).

Once we got into the room, I was horrified. I booked a room with two beds, expecting them to be queen sized (that's what the website said). What I found were two full-sized beds. My husband and I are both rough sleepers, so I needed the extra room to roll in to whenever he starts rolling around and vice versa. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. The other bed was occupied by our 10 year old daughter.

The carpets were awful. Walking around barefoot is not something I would have recommended. The A/C didn't work. I was hot and sweaty all night long. The bathtub was dirty, the toilet leaked, and there were cockroaches/waterbugs in the bathroom. For the price that we paid, I was very disappointed in both the hotel and the service.

The next morning, I called down to make sure we still had time to make it to breakfast. They stop serving at 9:30. It was just after 9am. We went to the lobby and the breakfast attendant was very rude. Not only were there no hot items (eggs or bacon), but as we were standing in line to make our waffles, he was standing behind us asking if anyone else wanted a waffle. When no one responded, he simply took the batter down (at 9:15) and said "If I don't do it like this, I'll be in here serving breakfast until 11." I'm sorry, but where I used to work, you don't start taking down breakfast while you still have a lobby full of people.

Not only will I never go back, I will advise my friends and family to not go there either.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room"... Here's a tip, don't book here...
1 Thank Alli B
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had planned to spend 2 weeks at a nearby hotel to this one, but one look at it made us check the room we had made reservations for online months before, and we decided very quickly NOT to, so went to the Quality Inn who graciously gave us a room even though it was a busy season and the Memorial Day weekend was during the 2nd week of our stay. All the personnel treated us wonderfully, from the managers, front desk, cleaning, maintenance and breakfast help. We were upgraded to a room by the pool and given an excellent price for the 2 weeks. Full breakfasts were served, we were given as many towels as needed and the pool was the largest and deepest outdoor pool! The pool was open early morning to late at night. We had a door to the court yard and pool area, and also to the parking area. The back entrance was on the beach, which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the pool area, or at least facing the pretty court yard as most do, rooms facing th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple