“Very Bad Sevice”

Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Laredo TX
“Very Bad Sevice”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

DANGER! In this hotel the customer shall never be happy. I believe that is their goal. First of all they left us in danger for a whole night due to the room they gave us for two nights was leaking and the whole carpet was wet. Then they exchanged us to another room that which by the way they seperated us (by floor) of our family. Then this room had a really ba odor, microwave did not work. They didnt have any towels. And the sheets they had were not even washed rigt the had stains on them. Then after 3 days after our visit they charged my credit card with out notifying me with 150.00 dollars and no refund. All due to another persons room (someone was smoking in it) so they made a mistake and they wont fix it .. so yea its a disaster! I woulndt recommen this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Room was nice and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Inn because it's close to the family and we were in town for Thanksgiving. I don't think that I will ever stay in this hotel again. They were so busy being cheap they didn't have time to be clean. I don't think I will stay there again because the breakfast was hovered over but not refilled, there was no hot chocolate for the little ones and no milk in the milk pitcher until I asked. There was a person standing there watching what everybody took, why do I need to ask for milk at breakfast?
There was one small (tiny) shampoo and no conditioner at all. One bar of soap for four people, two towels. We booked for four and were in a double room. At some point I get tired of having to ask for the bare essentials - this hotel got me to that point pretty quickly.
Now about the dirty part. One word - Mold. The room was so musty and moldy smelling that I had a hard time sleeping. We came in late on Thanksgiving night after a long day of travel and then family fun. The kids were sleepy, and grumpy and got right in bed. As did I, by the time I started to notice the problem I was in my jammies and really couldn't fight the good fight to get another room. That was on me but, I just couldn't. The carpet was filthy the walls, too gross. Bathroom was dirty - floor stained or just not cleaned.
When at checkout I mentioned this problem I was told I should of asked to be moved. I think I should have been put in a clean room in a hotel that was obviously not full - not even close.
So With a curt tone I was dismissed. I'm done with this hotel.
My advice - stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Close to family
  • Disliked — Moldy room, cheap amenities
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2005

For the price, it was rather a disappointment. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable - our family calls this place the Dis-Comfort Inn. Thankfully we were there for one night only. The bathroom sink dripped and in-room fridge (a bonus, since this is not a common feature of this level of lodging) had a rather loud motor.

2 Thank JulieLN
CISTX542, Manager at Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2007
Hotel bedding has been updated.
Houston
Reviewed September 25, 2003

Very nice, clean; evening cocktail hour is a plus. It's on the far west side of Corpus Christi. Likely it's the closest acceptable hotel to the inland towns of Freer, Alice, San Diego. I stayed there three separate times. Good rates.

7 Thank Major Traveler; not a Colonel!