“Family dinner”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Brownsville, Texas
“Family dinner”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

To start nice and enough parking. Getting a table was fast . Drinks were quickly on the table. Cold beer. No drafts but bottles however really cold. Food is good nicely served but be aware portions are large. The Juanito fajitas and Chonita fajitas are good the 2 person portion feeds 3 easily.
Price is reasonable. Service is good and fast. Been Hispanic in a family trip where not every one speaking English having Spanish speaking staff is welcome. The margarita was loaded and good. The chips and salsa were keeping coming.

Would go back with out a doubt

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Yummy Mexican food”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Nice atmosphere and good Mexican food. Only thing to keep in mind is when they have the Mariachis preforming, it gets LOUD.

Visited January 2014
Gatesville, Texas
“Absolutely the BEST Fajitas on the planet!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have eat here about 6 times in the last several years and have not had a bad meal. I have tried several of their fajitas and all are great! The best I have ever had. Chips and salsa are good but could be a bit spicer. Seems that some of the reviewers do not know the differeence between basic Tex-Mex and the higher end Mexican food using meat other than ground. My wife is a very picky eater and agreed that this is her favorite Mexican Food she has ever had!

• Visited August 2013
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Had a nice time”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We wanted to try a restaurant before leaving Corpus Christi so we came here.We went on December 26th, not a lot of people in the morning so we got to pick our table. Nice waiter and waitress. I ordered the Snapper Cancun and it was delicious and the rest of the family enjoyed their food as well.

• Visited December 2013
Kerrville, Texas
“Bad Choice”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Due to the convenience to our hotel, we decided to eat at Dos Comales. We first ordered waters and I requested mine without ice but it was brought with ice. I ordered the Mexican plate, which has a beef enchilada, puffy taco and chalupa. The enchilada had beef fajita meat (I thought it was going to be ground beef) and was dry inside. The puffy taco was a thin taco bowl filled with a chicken and sauce mixture. It contained some ingredients I cannot eat so my husband ate it.

My husband initially ordered the stuffed avocado with very little cheese, which the waitress said was possible. After she tried to turn our order into the kitchen she came back and said the stuffed avocado was pre-made and it could not be ordered with less cheese. He then ordered some tacos and requested no cilantro. However, they were served topped with cilantro despite his request.

The menu needs to have better, more accurate descriptions of the food, especially if they are not going to educate the waiters and waitresses on the menu.

• Visited November 2013