“Great atmosphere, relaxed with chips and salsa then delicious meal.”

Senor Jaime's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #79 of 705 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We arrived after the lunch rush. We had to wait up front for a hostess, but once seated we had a great experience. Good service and the food was better than I remembered it from about a year ago. Really enjoyed it.

There are newer reviews for Senor Jaime's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Love the made-at-your-table guacamole. Very pricey but worth it, IMO. Have visited several times in the last year and have never been disappointed. Hot, fresh tortillas and tasty beans, the bellwethers of any good Mexican restaurant! Well worth a visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My Family and I were there for the second time in 6 yrs we have lived here in corpus. The food was probably equivalent as a fast food restaurant. Nothing special about the rice, beans, tortillas etc. the place was nice inside and they serve you the avocado out of a fancy cart and guacamole is made in front of you. Other than that, I will not recommend it for authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've been trying to find a good Mexican restaurant because the one we've been going to has become so noisy that it's difficult to enjoy the food. Based on recommendations here, we gave Senor Jaime's a try. The atmosphere was pleasant even though it seemed like something out of the 70's. The service was OK, but the food was another story. I ordered the daily special of fish taco's. I've never seen fish sliced so thin! The fish was so small that it was more like a garnish! They had to be the most medocre fish taco's I've ever had. My wife ordered the Nacho special and we were disappointed when they arrived. We like lots of peppers, tomatoes, meat, onions, etc. What we got was the most bland nacho's we've ever had. Same for the beans and rice! Would it hurt them to throw in some peppers and spice it up? Mexican food has to be one of the easiest cuisines to do fairly well without much effort. So why did they have such a hard time? We won't go back. They need a whole new cooking staff!

1  Thank BobT5456
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This restaurant offers a very nice dining experience, much like nice restaurants on the border. The wait staff are attentive and trained. The food is well presented and very tasty. The salsa is the BEST! This is a step above most Mexican restaurants in the area. Only complaint was they charged me extra for changing the fajita meat to pork carnitas in my taco. The pork is delicious but not worth the extra charge.