“Better options in town”

Town & Country Cafe
Ranked #58 of 711 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went for a late breakfast on Father's Day. Not surprisingly, it was busy and we had to wait, but were seated within the 15-20 minute wait time. There is not much room to sit inside while you wait but there are benches outside. This place needs both a good cleaning and more pleasant decor. The service was a little slow but I don't hold that against them due to the busy day. My husband ordered the pork chop breakfast with two eggs, grits and wheat toast. The grilled pork chops were quite good, but I don't think the gravy was homemade. Toast was bland squishy supermarket bread. He said his grits were hard. Eggs were fine. My breakfast was one pancake, one egg and ham. I ordered the egg fried hard but it came over easy. Oh well. I don't normally send food back and I figured I might as well just eat it; I did not tell the waitress though I'm sure they would have fixed it if I had. The ham was garden variety. The pancake was okay, nicely flavored but a bit tough. I ate the ham and half of the rest. The place isn't terrible but nothing we tried inclined us to give it a second chance.

1  Thank Leslie K

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My brother asked us if we wanted some "comfort food". He loves this place! We had eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon. Everything was good -- portions were pretty big. We especially liked the chocolate milk and hot cocoa!
Our waitress was as nice as could be. Prices were good for amount of food you get.
It is diner-style, with booths and bar stool areas. Very casual. Families and locals.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is just an upscale greasy spoon. It has been in the area for years and over time has gotten worse and worse. Today a roach crawled lazily across the counter while we were eating! It has a loyal clientele and if you are one these you get very nice friendly, attentive and quick service. If you are not someone the help recognizes - good luck. Don't expect anything other than diner food at this place. Even the breakfast has gone down.

2  Thank Trounder
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I know this place like the back of my hand. I can tell you this for sure the waitstaff care about their customers. Ask for Karla or Colleen they have been there forever and really know their stuff. The food is good and it really is a good place for breakfast and a nice place for coffee in the afternoons. My husband and I usually eat here for breakfast when we can. Oh and try the Veggie soup it's outstanding.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been several times for breakfast and lunch and it is always crowded but you are always able to get seated in a reasonable amount of time!!! They will cook anything you want and it doesn't have to be on the menu!!!! If they have it on hand they will cook it for you. Their prices are very reasonable for the amount of food they serve. You feel as if you have walked back into time as far as this diner is concerned!!! Nothing has been updated in years but it is very clean. Waitress's are always coming by and asking if you need anything and refilling your drinks!! If you are not on a diet trying the chicken fried steak with gravy....it is to die for!!!!