“Home away from home”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Home away from home”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

As a mom who planned our first trip to Corpus and I was not familiar with the area. I researched this hotel & I did not make reservation until I got to Corpus because I was concern of the surrounding. Once I visually laid eyes on Holiday Inn Express I knew it was a safe place to stay, I was attracted to the price, beautiful layout and quick access to I-37.My family and I enjoyed every minute of our stay, the breakfast was good, room cleaned and staff very friendly. During our stay I learned we were close to Days Inn where Selena lost her life, we walked there and seen the room (350) and area. Overall my family and I were very content with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank cecilia121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I checked in late and the front desk employee, Glinda, was friendly and very helpful. The room was comfortable and nice. Breakfast was delicious and the hotel is beautiful. I look forward to staying there again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

2 Thank 830darling
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on business travel several times. Every experience has been above my expectations. You will not be sorry choosing this hotel for any stay in the Corpus Christi area. Location is great for travel to beaches, down town attractions, and entertainment like the Hooks.
Staff is amazing as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kevin G
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 22, 2013

just cheeked in after a nightmare dealing with other hotels in the area the past week. The front desk was extremely accommodating I wish we booked here from the start! Very modern and chic will definitely book here again on my next business trip!

2 Thank kamakenji
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Was recently in CC for work and had to stay over night at the last minute. Great customer service accommodating me on short notice and overall good experience. Basic hotel breakfast offered in the am. Would stay again on my next business trip.

2 Thank Michael L
Austin, TX
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms were nice and comfortable. The location was perfect for what we needed on the island and in downtown corpus. The worst part about the stay was the breakfast. The first morning was just slightly sub par, the omelet was very salty tasting, and something wasn't right with the milk/raisin bran combo, it almost made my wife gag. Breakfast 2, they had no syrup for the pancakes, they ran out of cinnamon rolls(about the only thing I enjoyed), they ran out of sausage kolaches(I got one but the sausage was still cold), the lady working the breakfast was busy but rude when we asked for a fork which I had to ask for because my wife didn't want to the mean breakfast lady.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear enfritsch,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad that you found our rooms to be nice and comfortable.

However, please accept our sincerest apologies if our breakfast selection didn't live up to your expectations. Our staff pay special attention to this detail to ensure the best guest experience but we deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion.

Thank you for your comments and this will be used to target opportunity areas. We hope you consider us again should your travel plans bring you back to Corpus Christi.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

One year old modern looking property. Located near refineries. Smells outside. Check in took 30 minutes. Front desk cleck kept leaving to ask manager questions. Requested top floor. Told unavailable. Assigned second floor room. Door didn't lock. Returned to front desk. Now assigned top floor room. Shoes stuck to bathroom floor. No housekeeping available until 8:00 am. Ruben, manager, offered 1000 priority club points. Accepted points & stayed in room with sticky floor. Discussed floor with housekeeper next morning who explained that floors are sprayed with disinfectant & if floor's not "swiffered" (mopped) afterwards, it's sticky. Hole in shower where wall tile met tub. Breakfast attendant-reluctant to microwave bacon. Wanted us to eat something else. Planned to stay two nights, but Internet down, so only stayed one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi North, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear J W,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are deeply sorry the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback and hope you would give us a change to serve you again on your next visit.

Joel B