“Great for outdoor dining”
Review of Tavern On the Bay

Tavern On the Bay
Ranked #212 of 707 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have eaten here several times and while I enjoy it mostly for the atmosphere, I would say the food and service are average. We've run in to issues with being out of menu items, taking an excessively long time when they didn't seem that busy, etc. But we go there because the food is pretty decent and to hang out and socialize and have a few drinks too so it fits the bill well for what we want and we will return for that reason.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I love going to this place to eat on the water. I get my usual fish sandwich with red snapper. The bread the sandwich is on is excellent.

1  Thank T2daC
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Took some friends from out of town here. Food was pretty average, nothing fantastic, and definately not for the cost. You pay for the atmosphere, service was pretty good, and the view is nice.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Sitting on the deck looking at the small vessels and getting great seafood and drinks. Also try their Captain Monte Cristo, one of best in Corpus.

1  Thank jtraveler222
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've been to Harrison's Landing twice. The first time was a non-peak hour with several work friends. To begin with, the service was just so-so. It took long for us to be seated even though it was SLOW. When we finally DID get seated, it took us long to get our drinks. ....... As far as food goes, it was just OK. I had the Montecristo the first visit. The last time we went was in the evening and the place was busy. The service had not improved, but sitting on the t-heads with a nice cocktail and some live music being played made it a little better. I ordered a fried fish basket, and once again, it was just OK. This is a nice 'tourist' spot, but if you want to go for the food alone, you will not be impressed. (At least I wasn't)