“So-so”

Bangkok Star Restaurant
Ranked #374 of 691 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Thai Food in a relaxed setting. Take-out available. Hand made sushi and sushi rolls. Food can be average to spicy according to our star level 1 star mild to 4 star extra spicy.
Chicago, Illinois
“So-so”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's neither the bargain I read about in other reviews, nor the food is exceptional. The decor is just terrible - black floor with the paint peeling off, bight red walls with some weird aluminium stripes, Some random pictures, and several mops left in the corner after cleaning (?)... It does look filthy, and even if this is just an impression, I don't think there's a restaurant in the world that can afford that.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank wind_n_water_01

Alto
“A Real Dive with Good Food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I brought my rating up to a four because we had 12 people with us and everyone seemed to really like the food, but I personally would have given it a three. My food was good, but for me, it was hard to get past the atmosphere. The whole place just didn't seam very sanitary:) May be if I could have gone back in the kitchen it would have eased my mind, but then again, may be not. My husband and son-in-law who are real Thai food people, said it was just about the best they had ever eaten. (They've eaten quite a bit of Thai food) The pho noodle soup was good and the pad thai. The vietnamese rolls were good. It was all good food, so if you like Thai, I would say for sure give this place a try.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank kannb
Corpus Christi, Texas
“A go-to favorite”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Bangkok Star is a really good place to eat. They have an extensive menu; between my husband and I, we've tried several of the dishes and have never been disappointed. We dine in and order take-out. We take out of towners there. Even if the wait is a little longer sometimes, the food is never disappointing!!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Ashley G
tucson
“Down home good”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Visiting Corpus for vacation and always love to try family owned places and not chains. Asked around and this place was recommended to us. From the outside it looked pretty bad. Don't be fooled by the store front. Once you are in. It's tablecloths and really quite lovely. The wait staff was delightful. The menu is huge with dishes from other parts of Asia. These people really know how to cook food. They had a kids plate and my grandson chose the sweet and sour chicken, egg roll and rice. It was just white rice and might have been a little better with fried rice. However, it was great. Hubby had a garlicky tofu veggie dish and I had the Pad Thai with Chicken which was one of the best I have ever had. I've been to Thailand so I have a good frame of reference for good food. The service was so good and the owners very chatty and pleasant. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank cindy635
San Antonio
“Great value on North Padre Island”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This very good Thai restaurant is located in the tiny strip center on the right just over the causeway bridge. This location breeds good food (Dragonfly is a previous tenant and an authentic Chicago hot dog stand prior to Dragonfly). Pad Thai - outstanding. Inexpensive for the classics.

Visited June 2012