“In Perspective - Very Good!!”

Frank's Spaghetti House
Ranked #80 of 693 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Established in 1947, Frank's Spaghetti House is the OLDEST Italian resturant in Texas(No Joke). Family owned and opertated, we specialize in home cooked goodness. Don't forget to save room for dessert. Call for reservations. M-F 11am-2pm M-Sat 5pm-9pm
Corpus Christi
“In Perspective - Very Good!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes I see reviews on TripAdvisor which give 5 stars and raves for a restaurant that simply does not deserve it. Then there are those reviews where the writer is coming off as some ultra picky NY Times reviewer on a eatery that's just trying to serve a simple meal without a lot of fuss.

Frank's has good and okay about it. The atmosphere is cozy - quaint and ethnic just barely stopping short of cheesy. They did a good job - the lighting is right, the wall junk is funky and interesting. Plastic table cloths are okay considering the pricing of the menu - cloth napkins are an appreciated touch. Plastic cups though - not so much. Glassware is warranted here (if breakage is a concern, buy Gibralters - they are tough).

The service is good. Servers are casually but professionally dressed - the timing was a bit rushed (server asked about dessert before my husband finished his meal), but this was lunch after all. The servers should be careful to allow a few minutes between salads and entree as well.

The food was good. Not exceptional, but it was good. Properly prepared and presented. Given the affordable menu prices - the level of food was appropriate. Hearty, stick-to-your ribs fare. The Cannoli for dessert was very nice - I enjoyed it very much (they should consider whipping their own cream for topping though - it's not hard to do and easily stabilized and piped from pastry bags - this garnish touch would further elevate those cannoli)

Over-all - this restaurant is well worth a visit. I considered it a find, and I'm a pretty picky diner - I'll be back next time I am in the neighborhood for sure.

2 Thank Dorie_Althauser

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

They have such great food and they have a great staff. Enjoy taking my family and friends, I will keep going and wil also give them a 5 star.

1 Thank JuanOrnelas
“Very good food, service, and atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our experience here. Like the other review said, don't judge it by its outside looks. The atmosphere was very pleasant. We enjoyed the food. Good portions served. We will eat there again.

1 Thank Dlopez1963
Rockport, Texas
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place is so good...My husband it Italian and cooks the best food....Franks is almost there.... Meatballs a must.

Visited April 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
“LOVED this place!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I always try to go to local restaurants when out of town, and I'm so glad we stumbled upon this one!! It is in the cutest little house. The atmosphere is fantastic. From the decorations, to the music playing, it was relaxing and fun. We went for lunch and they had a great lunch menu. I ordered chicken parmesan and my husband ordered cheese ravioli. They both came with salads, which had the best ranch dressing by the way. Our food was just amazing. Probably the best chicken parmesan that I have had in a long time. Large portions, too. I took half of mine home. The staff was very friendly and were quick to refill drinks and assist us. I will definitely go here again if I'm in town!!

• Visited November 2012