“Excellent Food and Eclectic Decor”

Dragonfly and Curacao Blues
Ranked #41 of 703 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dallas
“Excellent Food and Eclectic Decor”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a cool place. Funky decor, offbeat art and world beat music are the backdrop for the culinary artistry on your plate. The menu offers many international selections. The cannelloni and shrimp featured crisp vegetables wrapped in two blankets of tender cannelloni, smothered in a cognac-infused cream sauce and topped with shrimp and mussels. Excellent!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank zippychic

Brownsville, Texas
“Okay I guess”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I did enjoy their tacos but I've had better. However their drinks are awesome. I probably would just go for their drinks.

1 Thank Jess F
Hawkinsville, Georgia
“Possibly the best food I've EVER eaten”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Let me put it this way ~ I would make the 4-1/2 hour drive from Houston again JUST to eat at this restaurant. It was THAT good. I had the special ~ Grilled mahi with grilled shrimp in a creamy white wine sauce ~ my husband had oso buco (maybe spelled wrong?) ~ for our appetizer we had clams (also in a creamy white wine sauce) and the crab cake. Dessert was a to-die-for chocolate creme' brulee' cake... Every single bite was DELICIOUS and the service was great. Highly recommend it ~ If there were more than a five star rating I would have ranked it higher. It is a casual atmosphere, so no need to dress up. There are decks outside if you prefer outdoor dining and two dining rooms inside (one more casual than the other, depending on your preference). If you're in the area, you HAVE to try this place! :)

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Angela B
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Goat cheese ravioli!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The goat cheese ravioli was amazing! I wish there was more to the dish but it is a tapa after all. Our waitress was pretty good even though she switched up our orders twice. The beer glasses seem really small. The shrimp cocktail dish is REALLY spicy!! Fun decor with the little marionette dolls and such.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JamieLynn2158
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Our Happy Place”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I don't feel I can write a normal, specific review of this place given that we love it and go to it so much so I'll keep it pretty general. We have been coming here for years and go at least once a month or so. We've never had a bad meal or experience, ever. There is an array of flavors/genres to choose from and we usually go with the chef's special for that night to get something a little more experimental. The staff is always so nice and friendly and the owner is awesome too. Our favorite go-tos are the hummus, stuffed jalapenos, crab cakes, osso bucco, lamb meatloaf, and the creme brulee. But again, we've never had a bad dish. This is by far the best place to eat on North Padre Island, and really in all of Corpus in my opinion. There are other fancy places out here but they seriously lack in the ambiance and culture that Dragonfly has.

• Visited April 2014