“Fresh,well executed food and excellent service.”

Dragonfly and Curacao Blues
Ranked #37 of 705 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Eclectic/whimsical atmosphere, full bar, amazing menu. We loved the mussels , the cannelloni with seafood and would love to try the desserts next trip. Maybe we will tackle the 48 oz. martini too! The service was fantastic and very knowledgeable. We loved the whole experience.

There are newer reviews for Dragonfly and Curacao Blues

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been to the Dragonfly several times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The ambiance is nice, very cozy. The music is always nice and never too load. The food is excellent. The past two times I had the seafood canelloni and it was to die for. This dish has a rich lobster sauce and comes with about 6 excellently prepared shrimp and around 12 steamed mussels, along with two cannelli stuffed with zuchinni, carrots and I believe crabmeat. It is so goo!!!. I always take home a to-go box and look forward to a scrumptious lunch the next day.

The lamb meatloaf is also very good. It is a different spin on meatloaf. The chief has a way with spices that makes everything appropriately savory and delicious. I have had their rib eye steak as well and it was done to perfection. One of the best steaks I ever had at a restaurant.

They do prepare lots of fish and seafood. I am not a fan of fish covered with sauces and artichokes so I cannot vouch for their gourmet treats such as this. But I can say I have never been disappointed after visiting this establishment.

They have an excellent wine and drink offering. For desert, we usually get the chocolate cake. It comes out warm and is really good. Keep in mind, this restaurant is not cheap. I would say entres run from around $15 - $30, but worth every penny!!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant is "best in class" for Corpus Christi a city where most restaurants seem to be either national chains or Mexican cuisine. The decor is "funky" and the noise level was high on a Friday night, but the food is the best we've had in the area. With entree prices at $20-25 this place is quite a bit more expensive than the local mainstream but it's worth it. We both had the Ahi tuna special which was seared with a rare center. With a subtle lemon-chive sauce it was incredibly tender. If you don't like your tuna served this way, don't order it, but don't criticize the restaurant for making something this delicious! We didn't have a reservation and had no trouble getting seated at 6pm, but by 7:30 the place was mobbed; reservations are suggested. There's also a multi-course "prix fixed" menu which we're going to try when we go back. Service was friendly and fast; the chef is the owner and the manager brings your order to your table.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had I read the reviews here I might have changed my mind but being somewhat local I have heard nothing but good things about Firefly and so the three of us went. The place is pricey, that is for sure. Our tab with tip was 50 dollars and no alcohol drinks. The "special" was $10.95.

I had Chicken Enchiladas, they were GREAT. Loved them. My friends had Crab Cake, she loved it as well. My other friend had Stuffed Chili Relleno, looked great and he said it was "unbelievable".

I wish it was a little cheaper but we will be going back again. I have to say that in my opinion it's the best place to eat on the Island.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten at Dragonfly here several times - they've had really good food everytime we've gone...great small tapas plates (their escargot is my favorite), delicious entrees and even more fun desserts....brownie in a jar, vanilla creme brulee were delicious.

A solid restaurant with good service with food that's different from what you would expect in a beach town!!