“Superb food; interesting tastes; great presentation; best-in-class”

Dragonfly and Curacao Blues
Ranked #34 of 700 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Madison, South Dakota
“Superb food; interesting tastes; great presentation; best-in-class”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This restaurant is "best in class" for Corpus Christi a city where most restaurants seem to be either national chains or Mexican cuisine. The decor is "funky" and the noise level was high on a Friday night, but the food is the best we've had in the area. With entree prices at $20-25 this place is quite a bit more expensive than the local mainstream but it's worth it. We both had the Ahi tuna special which was seared with a rare center. With a subtle lemon-chive sauce it was incredibly tender. If you don't like your tuna served this way, don't order it, but don't criticize the restaurant for making something this delicious! We didn't have a reservation and had no trouble getting seated at 6pm, but by 7:30 the place was mobbed; reservations are suggested. There's also a multi-course "prix fixed" menu which we're going to try when we go back. Service was friendly and fast; the chef is the owner and the manager brings your order to your table.

• Visited February 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Lunch Experience !”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had I read the reviews here I might have changed my mind but being somewhat local I have heard nothing but good things about Firefly and so the three of us went. The place is pricey, that is for sure. Our tab with tip was 50 dollars and no alcohol drinks. The "special" was $10.95.

I had Chicken Enchiladas, they were GREAT. Loved them. My friends had Crab Cake, she loved it as well. My other friend had Stuffed Chili Relleno, looked great and he said it was "unbelievable".

I wish it was a little cheaper but we will be going back again. I have to say that in my opinion it's the best place to eat on the Island.

• Visited January 2013
San Jose, California, United States
“Best food on North Padre Island”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten at Dragonfly here several times - they've had really good food everytime we've gone...great small tapas plates (their escargot is my favorite), delicious entrees and even more fun desserts....brownie in a jar, vanilla creme brulee were delicious.

A solid restaurant with good service with food that's different from what you would expect in a beach town!!

North Houston, Texas
“perfect for date night-excellent menu-attentive staff”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went with another couple who had been before, first time for us. We got there early on a tuesday night (they are closed sunday and monday) and not very crowded but it sure got busy later. parking lot overflow, we had a hard time getting our car out as someone parked their Porsche along the side of driveway (directly behind our car).
Tapas menu is outstanding and portions are good for 4 as a taste (except the pig wings, you need 2 orders to share w/4 people). The pig wings have to be my favorite..they are in an amazing curry sauce that was so good we ordered some coconut rice so we could use up the leftover after eating the "wings". They were tender and delish as well. Mussels in wine with fries..strange you think? No. Incredibly good. Make sure to let those fries soak up the wine sauce...they do not get soggy just yummy. we had a nice infused vodka martini, their drink menu is quite good. We also had snails...tender and garlicky butter but not much there..par for the course on those. Also had frogs legs..good but not as outstanding as the other apps
The entree menu looked great but we were full after those tapas so another trip is in order.
Service note: very well informed and helpful wait staff...a mixup on one drink, we thought we had ordered non alcohol infused tea but it was with alcohol, problem was immediately fixed with smiles and apologies even tho it was probably our fault!
will make this a regular in the rotation..if we had not had drinks the price would have been about 15 p.p. not bad for such fancy grub!

• Visited November 2012
Mesquite, Tx
“Very good food, abit pricey”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I thought the food was very good, but a bit pricey. I had the crab cake and really enjoyed it. It needed bread to be served first though. I thought the menu was quirky but in a good way, and our waitress was a doll. I would go there again, and would recommend it.

Visited September 2012