“One of the best chinese restaurants in town.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hua T'ai Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #366 of 705 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant always has consistant food. The lunch menu is very reasonable, under $8.00 & includes an egg roll & soup. If you come for lunch get there before 12:15. The restaurant fills up quickly. I always enjoy their General Tso extra spicy or Beef & Broccoli. Always good. They make their own chili oil. It is wonderful!

Forget the Chinese feed bag restaurants on South Padre Island Drive. You will be happy dining here.

There are newer reviews for Hua T'ai Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hua T'ai is very good Chinese food. The Chinese couple who owns it are ALWAYS there and keep their food quality and service at high levels at all times. My husband has a wheat and corn allergy, so many of the traditional sauces are not allowed in his diet. The cook will "dry wok" his Hunan Chicken for him, and my husband LOVES it (and so do I!). I love their General Tso's Chicken and the lo mein dishes. Their soups are especially good, too. Off the beaten path, but well worth the look!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Best sesame chicken in town. Plenty of servers, but getting one to actually serve YOU can be problematic. Seating manager screamed at a server who tried to help us, flailed her arms, and made a big scene. I have been a frequent visitor at this restaurant since they opened, enjoying hundreds, yes-hundreds, of meals, but I don't know if I will return. Greed seems to have prevailed over the desire to give diners a pleasant experience.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hua Tai no more! I used to enjoy going and eating chinese there, but after the past several weeks it has been difficult. I have only 1 hour for lunch. I have either had to call and say I was going to late, get my food to go, or get no food at all because 45 minutes after we sit down we are still waiting for our food while people around us (who were sat AFTER us) are already enjoying their lunch. Many do not know this, but I also have a severe pepper allergy. This means no pepper what so ever (really sucks living in South Texas). I always order the same thing: Almond Chicken with NO PEPPERS for the past six months to a year now. Today, the waiter was good. He wrote down "no peppers" on the ticket. However, 3 bites into my meal I got that all to familiar sensation of burning on the roof of my mouth and down my throat. So I started a mini dig in my food and discovered a pepper. "oh, the cook must have cooked it near something with peppers in it" was the response we got from the waiter. Huh? excuse me??? what part of NO PEPPERS was misunderstood? He offered to replace my meal (put it in a togo box because I have to go to work) and still charged us for the food that I once again, did not get to eat. done with them.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Hua Tai has been at it present location tucked into the last building frontage in an older shopping strip for 20 years and we had to go because we were back in town. It was our favorite restaurant from the first or second time we ate there way back when. The same couple own it still and they run a very tight ship, The service is great, prompt and the place is kept very clean.
I have never eaten anything there that I didn't like but there Hot and Sour soup and Wontons are the best! We have several favorites for entrees and had to choose just one as we had no way to take home leftovers. The Hot and Spicy Beef and Orange Beef are favorites as well as the General Tso's chicken. I could go on recommending favorites there but would eventually recommend the whole menu so I will stop.
Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank txoilworker