“Ok hotel, quiet”

Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #14 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We thought the hotel was ok. The rooms stayed hotter feeling at night, which made it a little difficult to sleep. Rooms were fairly clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast was fair....coffee was weak. The 2 bed queen suite with the pullout couch open felt a little small the first day we got there for a family of 4. If you're here for the weekend and want housekeeping to tidy up, be sure you call before 5 pm Friday and request light housekeeping for them to come change out the towels and take the trash (there are instructions on a sign near the bathroom sink).

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank texastravels4
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us at the Staybridge Suites.

I am excited to hear that you found our rooms clean and the staff friendly. My apologies for the disappointment with the Breakfast, especially the coffee being weak. I am a little dismayed about your comments regarding our coffee as our guest rave about our recently added Dark Roast Coffee to the breakfast menu. I am not sure if you had an opportunity to try this new Dark Roast Coffee.

With regards to your room staying little hotter, can you please email me details of your reservations (i.e. Name, Room Number, and Date of stay) at gm@staybridgecc.com, so we can have our maintenance team investigate the problem, as no other guests have reported AC issues in the month of March 2014 and we are running at full capacity.

We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travel brings you to the area.

Charlie Bhakta

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I enjoyed staying here after a long Day at work. The Front Desk attendant was great. I loved being able to text to the front desk any questions I had. The Social drinks and food was great. The breakfast had a lot of options.. First Night I had a double room suite and it was great and quiet. I will be back to stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed in one of the suites for one night and it was a wonderful space which actually felt like a home away from home. Everything was very clean. The outdoor space was enjoyable as well. This may not be categorized as a four or five star hotel, but it was certainly conducive to what I needed for rest and relaxation. Thank you to the front desk staff! She was extremely kind!

Room Tip: Take your favorite DVD's if you come here to relax. Loved having the DVD player in the room. I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

It was so nice to arrive to such a warm welcome at 9pm after a long day of travel. The room itself was large and clean. The beds were so comfortable and I do like how there were 4 pillows per bed. Breakfast was very good each day. You could choose from a hot breakfast that varied each day or cereal, yogurts, milk, fresh fruit, muffins, bread, bagels and make your own Texas shaped waffles. I am sure I am forgetting some items. Monday through Thursday they offer a buffet dinner. It was nice added bonus one night was a complimentary massage for 10 minutes. A good location by restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DasRaven
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Talk about a quiet room. We were at the end of a hall and then off in a side nook. No shutting door sounds, no elevator noise, no people noise, no exterior noise, no A/C noise...zip. Bed and pillows were great. Nice to have a full size fridge in the room.

My only minor complaints...The layout of the room was a little strange...tv was on the dresser near the wall but in the middle of the room so you could see it from the bed or the couch (located on opposite sides). The tv wouldn't rotate far enough to look at it straight on from either place. (It was good enough for me though.) My only other small gripe was that the towels weren't very soft and kind of bumpy. Big deal...not.

Breakfast was hot and free and included eggs, sausage, bacon (must have been simulated bacon), some fresh fruit, waffles, milk, fountain drinks, plenty of different coffees, and some other stuff I'm sure I can't remember. Overall, it was more than you would expect at almost any other hotel.

Location was good, about two normal size blocks away from the highway and fairly close to Cracker Barrel and Outback. Although if you want a different place to eat, there are plenty to choose from in the area.

Price was a little more than I normally pay when I travel for fun, but after reading the reviews of the other Corpus hotels (almost all cheaper but a few about the same price), I decided I'd pay a little more to stay here. I'm glad I did and would do it again.

This is a great hotel and if you're coming to Corpus to relax, look no further. You've found the right place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank William W
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in Staybridge Suites before but this has been by far the best one yet. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable and it made for a great nights sleep. The breakfasts are the best with many choices from cold cereal to a hot breakfast of eggs, sausage or bacon and a waffle. There are many kinds of muffins and breads. We absolutely enjoyed staying here and will stay again on return getaways.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at the Staybridge based on tripadvisor reviews. I had considered staying at the Omni but changed after reading the reviews. I do think the Omni is a better location as it's close to the beach. The Staybridge had the best smelling rooms I've ever stayed in-nothing overpowering, just very clean smelling. They serve food Mon. through Thurs. but we didn't eat there. We did get back to the hotel before happy hour (or whatever they call it) was over and enjoyed free beer and wine. Breakfast was great! Eggs, bacon, all kinds of breads, tray of various cheeses, oatmeal,cereals, waffles, hard boiled eggs, really yummy fresh fruit, cottage cheese and the makings for breakfast tacos. It was one of the best breakfasts I've had at a hotel. I cannot think of one negative thing about this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple