“Wonderful price and wonderful staff”

Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Alvarado
“Wonderful price and wonderful staff”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We booked this hotel never having been to the area. It was our anniversary. The price was great. We stayed 7 days. We had the queen suite. It was very comfortable, even had a dishwasher with the kitchenette. The staff is amazing. The make sure you are happy and comfortable. Loved the breakfast buffet, plus tues through thursday , you get free dinner. Wifi worked well. Loved the pool with the salt system. The room was very cozy worked very well for two people. There are two cinemas nearby, a nice mall, lots of places to eat. The beach was less than 15 minutes away and so was downtown. WE will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2013

6/26 three adults and one child. Upon entering the building there is a noticeable odor and my son(5) began sneezing from check-in until entering our room(4th floor). It had me concerned due to it being pet friendly. I kept him off the living room furniture and he spent most of the time in the seperate bedroom area which helped. That was a nice part of having a one bedroom suite although the doors to separate the living room do not close. The beds were ok to sleep on. I am a light sleeper and did not notice any highway noise even though I did request a room on the backside. There is hardly any room for one to walk between the wall and second bed.

If one is sleeping in the living area the doors from other rooms slam very loudly.

The kitchen was nice. The only issue I had was with the fridge door. Well my foot was too close when shuting the door. I cut two toes and it bleed for a bit. There are two metal peices in a downward position. There is some clearance but not in wedge sandals. I went down to the front desk and explained why I needed two bandaids the young man did not have a thing to say about it.(how nice is that)

Breakfast had a good variety, better than average but there was not enough seating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank neldon
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your recent stay with us.

We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had encountered during your stay with us. Rest assured, your valuable comments were noted and forwarded to the appropriate department to be addressed accordingly.

Our purpose is to provide the best customer service that we possibly can and I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance so, you can experience this service.

Charlie Bhakta
Corpus Christi TX
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Due to my work schedule, I live out of a hotel for the majority of the year. I've been in Corpus for 2 1/2 months now and I regret not coming to the Staybridge sooner than I did. I have the option of picking and choosing where I stay, and like I said, I wish I had checked in sooner. This hotel is exceptional in every aspect. From the front desk, to the hotel manager, to the service in general. The food is great and the cleaning ladies are very kind. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. With two weeks left on my stay, I've already extended another month. I plan on being here until my job calls for me to locate somewhere else. Hopefully wherever I go there will be a Staybridge with the same qualities and professionalism as there are in the Staybridge Corpus Christi.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here three nights for business. The accommodations are pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. The free wifi worked well. The business center was convenient. The workout room is a little small and one of the two treadmills wasn't working correctly but other than that, it was a nice stay. Breakfast was good also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Janesville, Minnesota
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been staying here for over a month now and am very pleased with the service and the hospitality of the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Corpus Christi. The rooms are very clean every day, they even do your dishes for you! After a long day at work, it is nice to sit in the lobby and have a prepared meal, served three times a week, and a cold beer. Also, laundry is free if you can find the time to do it.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am not a picky person, but have to tell you I was not impressed with this hotel. I read all the great reviews so I book our family of 5 to stay for 2 nights. The rooms are so small we felt like we were in a box. The door between the bed room and front room did not close. The guy at the front desk, poor guy but did not know anything!! There was a horrible smell in the hallway. There was NO room for breakfast, but they do have a large couch and love seats that are just taking up space. Only ONE elevator for the entire hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LLP333
George G, Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience at our hotel.
I am very sorry to hear that you found the room size to be smaller than what you had expected. In the future, I would suggest a Two Bedroom suite which is much larger in size and would be better suited to your needs.
Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

George Gomez
Operations Manager
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A nice place to stay ! Staff is A+ ! Really enjoyed the hot breakfast each morning before heading out to work .Rooms are very spacious and clean ..The kitchen area with a refrigerator is a plus when returning late at night .Will stay here again when i come back to Corpus !