“Awesome hotel!”

Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Awesome hotel!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Everything about this hotels was great. The front desk held packages for us and was able to help us with several needs. Everything was spotless, fresh and clean. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. The Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday social time was a nice treat. The hostesses were very accommodating and the social and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TAO58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here off and on for months at a time . My few complaints are mainly with other guest and their wild children. NO HOTEL IS YOUR HOME. its shared space and place of business. Does not mean because you paid money to stay here . That is O.K for your children to run wild unsupervised through the hallways, stairways and knock on guest doors at all hours of the night. need to be considerate to others sharing the hotel with you. Staybridge, Candlewood in Texas have weak thin walls. so expect to hear everyone and every movement ,every sound they make in their rooms and in hallways. rooms next to the elevators and stairway exits are the worst here. Summer season and holidays almost impossible to get any peace at the pool area or even have adult conversations with other adult guest. just when you think the children went in for the night and its too late for them to be up and about. OMFG! here they come with their parents like wild invasive animals intruding on adult conversing. Think there should hrs at the pool just for adults only every-night. Joe is awesome and always smiling. great staff! housekeepers seem unhappy and expressed not being paid enough nor having enough ,when they do get raises in their pay and they are struggling to make ens meet. that was really disturbing knowing how much companies pay the hotel for workers to stay there. felt really bad and guilty and I leave tips. when I do check out. owner made promises to have some work done for the room and never did. very disappointed in Mr Charlie. place needs routine deep cleaning and sprayed for fleas. too many animals stay overs and not enough serious deep cleaning and pest control to pest infestions . overall compared to other options in CC . I would stay again for short/long term again. thanks to the staff and maintenance for making my stay comfortable as possible .

Room Tip: place can fill up with kids and animals. so expect very little peace and quiet .
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank caligula r
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi. We take every guest experience extremely seriously. As an award-winning hotel, we take pride in delivering a top-quality stay. We strive to create a welcoming atmosphere for each guest.

While we predominantly see business travelers in our market, we do occasionally see families come through our doors—more than likely because USA Today named our hotel as one of the Top 10 family hotels in a destination area in 2010. We welcome these families just as we do our business travelers and we treat everyone who stays with us with the deepest respect. On the rare occasion that someone violates our pool hours or other decorum, we will notify them of the observed standards. We are sorry to hear that other guests negatively impacted your stay last year, as we genuinely want for everyone to take pleasure in their time here.

Regarding our deep cleaning standards, our housekeeping team performs thorough deep-cleanings of every guest suite after each check-out. We practice ongoing room inspections with documented reports to ensure that all procedures are followed to the nth degree. Unique to the industry, we are proud to say that we have a 90-percent retention rate when it comes to our housekeepers. The pay scale we offer is comparable, if not higher, than that offered by other area hotels.

It is through teamwork and shared dedication to excellence that we have been able to earn such honors as the Quality Excellence award. I invite you to contact me at 361-857-7766 to discuss your experience last year in further detail. I value your opinion and look forward to learning more from your insights and welcoming you back to our hotel in future.

Kaushik “Charlie Bhakta
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife i and myself stayed here for four nights.The staff are very good and the room its self was excellent. I have nothing but good memories of my stay.Should we ever go back to Corpus Christie we would certainly stay here again.Brilliant value. Steve and Deb from England.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I heard from a business partner about his experience at the Staybridge Suites. He had high praises and recommendations. He was RIGHT!!!! It's all about the SERVICE! From the front desk to the maintenance team they were all awesome! Front desk manager Joe Castellanos, keep up the great work!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at this property for six months while building a house. The staff was great and very attentive made me feel like I was home. I would highly recommend this hotel whether it is for one night or if it is for six months.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
George G, Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to post a review about your stay at Staybridge Suites here in beautiful Corpus Christi TX. We are very pleased to hear that you were happy your accommodations and that our staff made you feel welcome during your stay. Our location makes it easy for our guest to enjoy the city. We appreciate the recommendation and we look forward to serving you again in the future should you visit our area in the future.

George Gomez
Assistant General Manager
Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I selected this hotel based on trip advisor reviews. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express across the street previously and had a great experience. For our anniversary we wanted something a little more upscale from Holiday Inn (which is good) and didn't want anything too fancy so we selected Staybridge. The staff was nice at check in but when we got to the room it was NOT clean. The bed skirt was filthy with stains that my mind only wonders what it could have been. We also found hair underneath the comforter. I also found the previous guests chips covered with cheese in between the sofa cusions and under the sofa too. The bathroom had ants and we had to sleep with crickets. I addressed all my concerns with the front desk and they were aware of the pest problem and said they would address housekeeping about the room. I asked the front desk to have the manager contact me but we didn't hear from a manager. We just received a very "minor" discount on our stay -which wasn't enough to keep us a return guests. It seems Staybridge is geared more towards long stays where they don't have to clean the rooms daily and not overnight or weekend accomodations. The only good part was the breakfast which is why I gave a 3 rating instead of a 2. I would NOT select this hotel for future visits and will go back to the Holiday Inn Express across the street. The rooms at HIE were much cleaner and the staff and breakfast was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Suzie M
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I genuinely am sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We truly strive to be the best hotel in Corpus Christi and your stay was not at all typical of that commitment.

Being situated in such a humid subtropical climate, hotels in this area all suffer the challenges of pests. However, we pride ourselves in top-quality prevention. Rest assured, this is an extremely rare incident, as we regularly service our rooms with the latest, top of the line eco-friendly treatments. Our Pest Control provider immediately serviced the room that you stayed in following your departure.

As for the housekeeping issues you mentioned, I truly am dismayed. Our housekeeping department normally receives rave reviews and is locally renowned. The housekeeping and maintenance departments are highly trained to thoroughly clean every room after a guest departs. No stone is left unturned as the hotel is held to the highest of cleanliness standards.

I tried reaching you after your stay. However, it appears that we have an invalid number on your profile. So, if you have a moment, I would like for you to contact me personally so that we might discuss your experience. I can be reached at 361.857.7766 or by email at gm@staybridgecc.com. I look forward to visiting with you.

Regards,

Kaushik "Charlie" Bhakta
Houston, TX
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The staff in general was very helpful, the rooms were nice & clean, kitchenettes stocked o.k., free breakfast better than most, great workout room. One staff member stood out in helpfulness - Joe Castellanos. They always tried to accomodate my preference of being on 4th floor.

Room Tip: for long-tem stays I have found none better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business