“Excellent Choice in Corpus”

Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had a 2 bedroom suite for a week and every aspect of our stay was pleasant. Polite helpful staff, especially Joe, the manager who went out of his way to be accommodating. If you like a spacious, clean room, free hot breakfast, free internet, free laundry, free light dinner with beer and wine 3 nights a week, clean pool and spa with barbeque and free business center, you will love this place. We'd stay no where else in Corpus Christi.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The hotel has several restaurants nearby, with very nice restaurants within walking distance. The suite has the bedroom in the same area as the sitting area. I do not prefer this set up. I prefer a separate bedroom. It is clean, has a washer & dryer and full kitchen in the suite. It is about 15 minutes to the airport. The AC in our room was very noisy and I did not sleep through it. It may have been our room, and maybe not others.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Well the hotel is great as others have stated. The room very clean and everything functional.
Had a great nights sleep on my first night.
3am on my second night & I was woken with a strange sensation on my left arm. To my horror I discovered it was cockroach crawling up my arm! This is the stuff of nightmares!
Bang went my beauty sleep. The cockroach was despatched and I took a picture.
As I had an early express check out i left a note explaining what I had experienced.
There's a first for everything I guess.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank pip268
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay with us here at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi. I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our clean and comfortable room.

Being situated in such a humid subtropical climate, pests are always a challenge for every hotel. Rest assured this is an extremely rare incident, as we regularly service our rooms with the latest eco-friendly treatments, and hold our Housekeeping Department to the highest of standards. Our Pest Control company had immediately serviced the room that you stayed in after your departure and was not able to find any further signs of pests. Still, we will continue to diligently and aggressively inspect our premises to guard against such incidences.

Again, thank you for the honest response, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Charlie Bhakta

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the last 4 months, and I keep on returning because of the excellent customer service, and friendliness from the staff. Joe at the front desk seems to always make me feel welcome, and the rooms are spacious, clean, and very well equiped. Free breakfast and dinner are definately an added plus. All of this combined with a convenient location, make this my best value for a stay in Corpus Christi.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Very nice hotel, not scenic. Lots of good amenities and good breakfast buffet. The night manager Joe was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been in this hotel last Easter and I consider it a great place to stay with your family. It is not close to the beach but the localization is quite convenient as it is close to the main road and in walking distance to many restaurant options. The pool is opened early in the morning and closes only at 11PM what makes it an awesome place to entertain the kids. Their small basketball court is another good place for moments of fun. My only deception is the size of the beds, too narrow for a couple.

1  Thank mattos_family
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I booked this hotel because trip advisor gave it high reviews. I have to admit not only was the hotel a complete disappointment but trip advisor is as disappointing as the hotel. I arrived to the hotel one hour before a wedding event we were attending thinking that I would arrive, change, and leave. Well when we arrived the young lady could not find the reservation, so I gave her the confirmation number I received through my email. She then gave me some poor excuse that they canceled my reservation because they could not get a hold of me through my phone, email, or home mail for the past three weeks since booking. She then went to say that they were all booked. This really got me upset because first she thinks I am a complete idiot that will believe that they didn't have any contact numbers or any other means of contacting me, even after I had to give her the reservation number from my email which I luckily keep on my phone. News flash young lady, when booking the system does not let you go on without filling out the required field such as email, phone number and billing number. Manager was never called to come smooth things over, she did offer to find a place at another hotel in which I had read terrible reviews. I luckily had stayed at the Omni in the past so I called and they had a great room with a wonderful customer service. Needless to say we arrived late to the wedding event.

5  Thank Liz D
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your experience with us. We truly strive to be the best hotel in Corpus Christi and your experience was not typical of that commitment, as all of our reviews would attest.

After reviewing your reservations, it appears that you had made Two Advance Purchase reservations. As you are familiar, when a guest books an advance purchase reservation they receive a discounted rate and at the same time they agree to prepay for the entire stay at the time of booking. As we were unable to obtain the required prepayment on your reservation, the reservation contract became null and void. Hence, we had to cancel your reservation.

I apologize that we were unable to reach you before your arrival. This issue has been discussed within our Management and Guest Services teams and proper procedures have been implemented to ensure that this will not happen again.

Our purpose is to provide the best customer service that we possibly can and I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance so, you can experience this service.

Charlie Bhakta