“Outstanding Stay at the Staybridge”

Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Ft Hood
“Outstanding Stay at the Staybridge”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our stay at the Staybridge was outstanding. While this was our first visit to Corpus Christi. We have already made the decision that if we return, we will be staying here again. The staff are curtious and the rooms (at least mine) have all the accomidations required for an extended stay. Why mess with a good thing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronniet6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albuquerque
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed here with 3 adults and 3 children in a 1-bedroom suite (2 beds in one room and a living/kitchen room with a sofa bed). There were no 2-bedroom suites available at the time of our trip. The room officially can accomodate 6 persons, however you may be surprised at how tight the space it. There is too much furniture in the living space (a cabinet for the tv when a wall-mounted tv would save a lot of space; end tables and chairs that eat up precious little space). To give you an idea of the width of the living room, when the sofa bed is opened it extends all the way across the floor and butts into the tv cabinet.

A small kitchenette is handy, but you will be eating with your plates in your lap.

The service was exceptional, from check in to check out, and the expanded food service, both for breakfast and some evenings, is a welcome change from standard hotel fare.

All in all a decent hotel, but not one of the least expensive and I expected a little more breathing room for the cost.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ABQRealtor
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Clean, comfortable, bedding was wonderful. The DVD in the room helped out during down times for the kids. Location is not near the beach but has everything else nearby, shopping, restaurants, etc. Only downside was the bathroom had a shower only which makes it a little challenging for young children. Would definitely be my hotel of choice if I ever came back to Corpus.

2 Thank sweatinginhouston1
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We arrived early and were greeted by the manager. He recomended a nice restaurant on Padre Island for lunch until our room was ready. We checked out the beaches and then went back to hotel to check in. The 2 bedroom/2bath suite was spotless. I knew this hotel was rated excellent. We stayed two nights and I still could find no dirt and nothing wrong about the hotel. Excelellent breakfast and on Tuesday night we had wine and soup and salad in the dining area. Pool was clean and I felt safe in the parking lot at night. My next trip to Corpus will find me booking a room here again.

3 Thank 49andholding
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Very dissatisfied with this property and its staff, especially its hotel manager, Charlie. In a flight to Corpus from Korea, my plane was delayed for 3 hours. After arriving in San Francisco (connecting city) I was told that I had to be rescheduled for the next morning flight to Houston which would then go on to Corpus. I called the hotel and spoke to the front desk. I asked that I be given a pardon if I was to incur any charges. He put me on hold for 5 minutes and then said he would transfer me to Charlie, he transferred me instead to his voicemail. I called back and told him I was calling internationally and that I needed to get this resolved. He then told me Charlie was in a meeting. I called back again 15 mintues later and then told me Charlie had left for the weekend and would not be back till Monday. I asked him who was in charge in case of an emergency he became nervous and rude and refused to help resolve my situation. I called the customer care for staybridge and the representative, who was very friendly, said she would call the manager. She called and was told Charlie was out for the weekend. She stated she had sent him an e-mail asking that they reconsider not charging me for the night and that if need be it be credited for the following weekend, when I would have to go back to Corpus to stay for a night. I never got any reply or call backs from the Charlie or the customer care folks. My fiance called Charlie and spoke to him after we arrived back in Korea and he was very insensitive to our situation and refused to work with us in any way. As an avid traveler and loyal customer to priority club, I refuse to stay with any of their hotels if this is the type of customer service customers can expect from uncaring hotel chain managers!

7 Thank u2lk4me
staybridgecc, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
It is the policy of the Staybridge Suites brand to not allow cancellations the day of arrival because it does cost us if we cannot resell a room that we have held. But, our purpose is to provide the best service that we possibly can and I am always available to assist our guests.

After hearing of your issue from our front desk and our guest relations department, I did offer our guest relations department the opportunity to have the no show charge refunded by sending me a copy of the change in itinerary from the airline. To date I have not received this. But, in the spirit of hospitality, the offer still stands. Please forward the changes to me via email (gm@staybridgecc.com) and I will gladly remove the charges.

Regards,

Charlie Bhakta
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed over the the 4th of July holiday weekend... checked in no problem. We got a double bed studio and it was pretty clean upon arrival. Some of the lamps didn't work and I must say the bathroom design is horrible (you have to move out of the way to open the bathroom door - and bathing kids is a chore as there is no tub, only a shower. Lots of closet space, which was nice. Beds were not firm at all, pretty soft so my back hurt... guess that's a personal opinion (husband felt the same way). Our refrigerator gave us issue; although management was good about picking up our food and storing it until they figured out the problem. Breakfast was good but they need more seating. Breakfast included hard boiled eggs. scrambled eggs, pre-made bacon or ham, yogurt/danish/bagels/toast, fruit (I think it was the frozen kind, definitely not fresh), coffee/juice and soda. My son loved the waffles! The odd thing about this place is you have to request housekeeping, and one day they didn't even give us more towels - had to ask for them. Garbage was only empied on our last day. They only sweep the bathroom floor also - so imagine after 4 nights the bathroom floor after Padre beach visits! They need to vaccum, not just sweep. I liked it but thought it was overpriced. I'd stay somewhere closer to Corpus - it's about a 10 minute drive via highways....

2 Thank moparfamily
Clinton, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2011

The hotel was very clean, the staff friendly and breakfast buffet was good. We have a baby, a 2 yr old and a four year old. We reserved a suite with doors in between the "bed room" and the living area. This worked well for putting the baby to sleep in the living room so the older kids wouldn't wake him up. The bathroom contained a walk-in shower instead of a bathtub... fine for any hotel, but awkward for giving baby a bath.

We arrived late and some of the other guests called the front desk about our older kids running around the room. Again, reasonable for a hotel experience, but if your kids are under 5 yrs, consider asking for a room on the first floor. Also, our 4 yr old couldn't resist staring out the window at the night time swimmers--consider asking for a room without a pool view.

Otherwise, we saw lots of families with older kids and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool.