“Not Clean, already looking run down”

Comfort Suites Central
Ranked #36 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
katy, tx
“Not Clean, already looking run down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

I am a frequent traveler and was very surprised at how beat up this hotel looks after only being open a year and a half. My sister had stayed here when it first opened and had good things to say about it but we were sadly disappointed on our recent stay. Upon check in we visited 5 or 6 rooms before finding one that was clean. The first room we were sent to did not have a working light in the bathroom and the carpet did not appear to be vaccumed. They showed me several more rooms all of which had large stains on the carpet, one with a whole in the fabric of the coach along with stains on the comforters. This is not a well kept or clean hotel, we were very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesCentral, General Manager at Comfort Suites Central, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
I would like to offer my sincere apology to this guest. We do work hard to offer clean comfortable accommodations for all of our guests on a daily basis. Please be assured that the matters identified by this guests are being corrected. I would also like to note that our guestroom carpets have been thoroughly steam cleaned and will be done so on a routine basis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lebanon, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed four nights in this motel and each night was a really nice experience. The staff is great, the breakfast was good, and we didn't hear any noise. There aren't many places to eat nearby, unless you like fast food. There is one Italian resturant, but it was so dark, we couldn't see the menu. The waiter said it is suppose to be romantic.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobkat45
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

Where to begin with this hotel? This hotel was amazing my girlfriend and I decided to take a random get away trip to Corpus and we could not have picked a better hotel.

The hotel is very new and you can tell the moment you drive up to the property. The staff was very helpful and the lobby so clean you could eat of the floor. After checking in we got our bags and went to our room and boy were we surprised. We got one of the nonsmoking king bed suites and it is one of the best room I have stayed in for the price I got. The room was spotless and very neat. I was surprised at how roomy the room was even with all the amenities it had. Along with this we also had a jacuzzi in our room to the side of the bed about 10 feet away. The jacuzzi was awesome, great way to relax after a long day of searching the city of Corpus. Not bad for a lower starred hotel. The bathroom was very good looking, with brand new tile and an awesome plain floor shower. By this I mean that there was no tub or anything like that, the floor slanted to a drain and the shower literally just shot out on the floor. And this would go in the not necessary but very cool category but there were tv speakers inside the bathroom, I have experienced radio but never tv which was a bit weird at first because it scared my girlfriend but we both thought that that was a very nice touch. The room also had a good sized flatscreen tv. One thing that got me was the room I had came with a closet, hidden behind the tall mirror was a closet with a shelf which you don't see a closet to much in hotel rooms. The parking lot was nicely lit and they had a security guard which was comforting. And despite being just off the highway the place was very very quiet which is a big thing for me because I am an extremely light sleeper.

We did not eat any of the food there so I have no review on that, same goes for the pool and excercise room I have no review. Although the excercise room looked very nice and clean.

It's location to the bay area is a bit far but for shopping and the restaurants it is literally just a mile down the road. Very close to the mall and other shops in the area.

All in all whenever I visit Corpus again I will only stay at this place. This is by far my favorite hotel room within the last year or two. I highly recommend this to anybody who wants a great hotel room experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JIMMYG155
tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Got in late but everything was in order for a quick trip at the front desk. Friendly greeting, answered all questions, very helpful. Nice room, bed was acceptable but not great, good air conditioning, very quiet. Actually slept which is a challenge for me. Will stay here again. Breakfast is just ok. Not the most convenient place but not bad. Traffic in Corpus is pretty light.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Amarillo, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

The hotel picked me up at the airport and also brought me back the next morning to get a rental car at no extra charge. The staff was friendly and the check in was very quick. The rooms are new and clean. The room rate was very reasonable and it included internet and breakfast. I was in town for a business meeting and the company I was visiting happened to be 2 blocks away. This hotel was very convenient and I will definitely use them again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

In a market that all too often swaps location for amenties, this is a lovely new hotel that is away from the shore but well worth the drive. Just walking in the lobby, I was struck by the realization that it SMELLS good, and the positive impression grew when I entered my room. The furnishings and decor make you think you're in a much pricier hotel! Beyond that, the desk clerks went out of their way to be helpful and the hostess in the breakfast area was truly courteous and kind. I loved this property and will definitely return!

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Beaumont, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

I had to write a review of this wonderful hotel. It is very clean and quite. Beautiful rooms, flat screen tv, DVD, 3 large mirrors, ice box and microwave, hot and cold breakfast, large plush bath towels, large shower, soft bed and a very comfortable stay. I highly recommend this hotel. It is not on the beach, but it is very easy to get there. Close to two Walmarts and many, many restaurants. The only down side I would say is, don't spend the extra for a balcony. We did and none are on pool side and the view is the highway. They are small with no chairs. But other then that it is well worth the money to stay here. A 3 star hotel for sure.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple