“Bad Impression” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Bad Impression”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived at check in at 10.45pm and it took us 30 minutes to check in and we were the only ones. Receptionist was very sweet but obviously very busy and stressed. We had to take our own sheets and blankets for the pull out sofa upstairs. When we got up to the room it smelled (not of smoke) just really stinky. The pull out sofa was broken so my two teenage children had to sleep on floor!!! Although our bed was comfortable the sheets had holes in! Room was reasonably clean. I had to go back downstairs to get more things out of car when I came back the lift had stopped working so I am had to climb up three flights of stairs. The internet was down. The printer both in business center and also at reception was broken. If we had not been so tired and it had been earlier we would have left and found another place. The breakfast was ok for the price although the boiled eggs were like rubber balls. Not impressed and will not be going back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff!! A problem with our car rental required a last minute, late evening hotel stay. This property provided transportation from the airport and worked with my different memberships to get me a reasonable rate. They also granted us a late checkout, which we appreciately greatly!

Delicious hot breakfast included waffles, eggs and bacon, fresh fruit, choice of juices and more. Nice pool with hot tub, and fitness room was well equipped.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds and quality toiletries. And a convenience store, Burger King and Whataburger within walking distance, hooray!

• Stayed March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the Corpus area and this one is by far my favorite one, the beds are extremely comfortable and well kept, the rooms are well appointed with large modern flat panel TVs and it's just a short drive to most of Corpus Christi's restruants and attractions. When I'm in the area this where I stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I expected this hotel to be worthy of a 4.3 rating at the time I booked it, but I was very disappointed. The good: staff was nice and they were able to find a room at 12PM, 3 hours before the scheduled check-in time. The bad: the room was just OK, the AC unit didn't cool too well (glad it wasn't June!), the carpet had several black stains and the room lacked attention, the bed sheets were torn in several places, wallpaper ripped...it was surface clean, not clean clean and was in disrepair. The pool area was shabby and the jacuzzi had a disgusting yellow color! The hotel is lacking in attention, seems to get only a minimum amount of maintenance and is in need of work. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelerZo
STURTEVANT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spend a couple nights in this place. It was very nice. Staff was very helpful. You can visit many places in the area while staying there. The weather was very nice. The hotel is close to freeway exit which makes it very accessible. I will stay in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaime N
New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

So, to start off with the good....the hotel seems newer and my room was clean I think....there was a big pink stain on the carpet like someone before me had dropped soda or something on the rug and I enjoyed the breakfast the two days I spent.

However, the room was average temp, which is a problem because I sleep with it on cold ( like 66 cold) so I set the temp to 65.But it never got colder than 7. Or 74 Also, I called multiple times before I got to the hotel because I had 80 in coupons from a various bad experience I had at another choice hotel chain. I didn't want there to be any confusion. I told the hotel how many I was spending, the coupons I had and I was told a certain total over the phone and when I got there it was 20 more. 20 may not seem like a big deal but when you budget for a certain price it is a big deal. Additionally, you feel like people are lying to you when the numbers change.

Lastly, the bed is not that comfortable. I slept but I see definitely wouldn't say I slept like a baby. Bed comfort gets a 2.5 out of 5 stars for me.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
LITTLETON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very restful! No scenic view, but a nice little balcony to look out on the surrounds. Carpet is plush and the beds are really comfy. Well appointed rooms and a well cared for facility. The breakfast was the usual selection one hot egg-meat or biscuit & gravy dish plus cold cereals, yogurt, instant oatmeal, hard-cooked eggs, breads, juice, coffee or tea. Fruit selection is always the weakest and this was not exception.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple