“nice hotel”

Comfort Suites Central
Ranked #40 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel is well maintained and clean. The only complaint we had was the room was kind of small. we had a single double bed. Not sure the size of the rooms with king beds. The hotel was booked but we did not hear any noise. We slept really well. The neighborhood around the hotel appears safe. There arent many restaurants or much anything over there for that matter

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trghpu1994

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is clean , quiet and very convenient. They serve free breakfast in the money which is denfinitely worth it to take advantage to save money especially with the kids. Comfortable beds and plenty of little extra amenities in room like refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker ,tea, toiletries and they even provide the paper at the front desk for free in the mornings.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator , thats the down side ,there are 2 stairwells at each end of building whi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adriana s
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

My family enjoyed our stay. The front desk girl Stephanie was so helpful and had excellent customer service. The room was clean beds were comfortable. We were 10 minutes away from beach, USS Lexington and Texas State Aquarium. There was a Wal-Mart 5 minutes away for stuff we forgot. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends and family. My family now has a hotel anytime we visit C.C. again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 74lionheart
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's funny how the reviews can be so similar, and people have different opinions overall so here's my take: We also arrived early and the lady at the desk was not the friendliest. She said they may not have any rooms clean yet but she would check, and they did. I asked for any local coupons or discounts and she looked at me like I had two heads. She asked what I was looking for - aquarium, uss lexington, fishing tours, dining, anything...another girl peeked around the corner and gave us a $3 off coupon for a waterpark and said that was all they had. They were also not very good with directions or giving advice on what to see or do locally (but that's a bonus I guess, so I won't fault them for it). I was impressed with the room. The bathroom was very modern, clean, well stocked with towels and toiletries. The shower was 18" tile all around and the sliding glass doors were clean and in good repair. We were hoping for a two queen suite but they were sold out, so we got a king suite. It has a pull out couch that was as good as any for my two boys, and we used the couch cushions to make a bed on the floor for my daughter. When the pullout couch was in use, the room was a bit crowded for 5 people (but again, we really should have booked the two queen suite). The TV was a nice size flat screen and there was plenty of storage space. The breakfast was good for free - breakfast burritos the first day and biscuits and gravy the second day, plus waffles, juice, milk, cereal, variety of breads, muffins, and pastries, and lots of fresh fruit. We didn't swim since we spent most of our time exploring Corpus Christi and Port A, but the pool was clean and nice enough. Housekeeping did a great job and I thought the hotel was in a nice location in the center of everything. There were plenty of pillows and extra blankets and bedding for the pullout couch. I didn't see any bugs, but there was a place on the ceiling where the drywall needed to be repaired (maybe a previous leak along a seam, but not leaking or wet when we stayed) and a corner in the bathroom was missing tile along the baseboard. Not a big deal at all to me...The very best part of this room was THE BED!!! I have never slept in a more comfortable bed than what they have here - it's better than my bed at home. Great deal for a family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

To start, the room was 89 degrees when I walked in the door. The A/C had been turned off since who knows when. It took 12 hours to cool the room down. The floor was covered in stains. The next morning I went to take a shower and the hot water was non-existent. ICE COLD. When my 3 year old went in to use the bathroom he came running out crying, Lodged in the air vent was the biggest roach I have ever seen in my life. When I called the front desk the attendant informed me they did not have a manager. They sent up a maintenance man who cursed in front of my child. We had to leave because my child was too afraid to use the bathroom. I called and wrote Comfort Suites and have received no reply. STAY AWAY! THIS PLACE WILL RUIN YOUR VACATION!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Matthew W
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We didn't exactly get off to a great start. We have found Choice Hotels to be very accommodating when it comes to early check-ins. We made very good time on this day and arrived 45 minutes earlier than expected. (We had booked this hotel a month earlier and were aware of their 3 PM policy). After waiting about 10 minutes for the ONLY front desk person to finish up with a phone customer, I was told no rooms were ready yet. When we returned an hour later there were now 4 people working the front desk (2 trainees) and a flurry of cleaning staff bustling about the hallways and clogging up the one small elevator. Everyone was nice enough, but you could sense the stress in the air. So, we got to our room and found there was no tub. Traveling as much as we do, a good soak does wonders, but this king room only had a shower (not specified when I booked on line). We called down to the front desk and the only room available was a double queen. We decided to stay put, not wanting to struggle with the elevator again. The room was clean, comfortable...the bed was perfect. AC worked splendidly. TV was state of the art, but channel line up didn't jive as some channels were missing. But, our major complaint was there was no hot water, not at 10:30 PM or at 9 AM. It was tepid at best. The coffee maker was missing the filter tray. I couldn't tell you about the breakfast. I've had my fill of the powdered eggs and a sausage patty that we've come to expect. We called for a late check out as we had a short day of travel and hoped to catch up on some work in the room before getting back on the road. The front desk gave us until 12:30 PM, which was acceptable. Unfortunately, no one informed the cleaning staff who repeatedly knocked on our door. So, overall I'd have to say this was a decent stay, mainly because of the bed (and that's huge in my book). My experience with the staff leads me to believe there is miscommunication and staffing issues (not really any of my business, but rarely see the employees scurrying about so late in the day trying to make rooms ready). The hot water
issue is inexcusable. One last thing (which was of no consequence but did have me getting up and looking out the window into the parking lot throughout the night) was that couple of blocks away the neighborhood gets a little sketchy. However, the place was well lit and we saw no signs of suspicious activity. So,
there you go. Happy motoring!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank VinGins
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Booked this hotel for a short weekend getaway. Was not familiar with Corpus Christi, so although this is right off the highway and easy to find, if you are traveling with young kids for vacation, I would pay extra for something closer to the water/sites. Receptionist at check in was not the most friendly or helpful. Arrived 30 minutes prior to check-in on a hot May day with a one year old, and was turned away until exactly 3 pm rolled around. Room was your typical comfort suites, although shower had a persistent black mark that made it appear dirty (we tried cleaning with Lysol wipes, and nothing came off). Liked having a speaker in the bathroom. Breakfast was great and plentiful on the first day, but by day 2 they ran out of yogurt and some of the fruit. Other things were overlooked by housekeeping (empty and unused condom wrappers in the night stand). Nevertheless, you get a lot for the price.

Room Tip: Balcony room is not worth the extra money because there is no view, no chairs to sit on, and I think...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family