Hampton Inn & Suites Corpus Christi I-37 - Navigation Blvd.
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“restful”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We visited the Corpus area in great need of R&R. We were extremely happy with the ease in which we reserved and checked into the Hampton Inn. When walking into the room the feeling was immediate relaxation. The bed was so comfortable it was hard to have to leave. The bathroom imenities were perfect. The complete package was extremely satisfying. Everything throughout the Hotel was clean and quite lovly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Charlotte P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel was in a nice location close to the USS Lexington, Aquarium and Hooks baseball park. We were told that area was the old part of Corpus Christi, we later saw the newer part of Corpus Christi and as far as where to stay, I liked Navigation Blvd better. Nice and quiet. The hotel itself was kept very clean had an indoor pool and a nice new gym .Breakfast was well stocked and the kitchen staff were very attentive. The front desk staff were fantastic as well. One young lady, Tish, was particularly helpful giving me advice on what to see and offering discount coupons for the USS Lexington and a parking token.

What would have made our stay more pleasant is if there were more sound proofing. You could hear every door close as if it were being slammed. We had people underneath us complain that they would hear noise from our room. It was 10:30 in the morning and our 2 year old who barely weighs 25 pounds was dancing. If it made that much noise, it had to be the hotel structure. We later learned from a cleaning person that people do complain about the sound because she's heard it before from people close to the laundry rooms that it makes their room shake.

We only stayed one night instead of 2 because the suites are just one open room. They don't have a suite with a door. We needed it because with a 2 year old, when he goes to bed, we all had to go to bed. So if the hotel had that option, it really would have been our best option in Corpus.

Austin, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our stay was great at this location. The staff was very accommodating. They let us check in early. When I asked for a crib they had one up in less than five minutes. The breakfast was great I just wish they had bacon. Everyone loves bacon. But, other than that, the room was clean and quiet. We went to the beach several times and took lots of showers and never ran out of hot water. I would stay at this hotel again.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Looks like this is a pretty New Hotel, and was Very Clean!
Likes:
_Large shaded Covered drive entry
_Beautiful Aquarium across from front desk
_Large Panel TV in Dining/lounge area
_Just-Right Comfortable Beds
_Black out Curtains
_Rooms with Refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee maker, Panel TV, varied Lighting
_Air Conditioner w/fan that would run continuous (helped to block out noise)
_Full size Ironing board and Iron
_Bathrooms w/plenty of towels, granite, nice shower head, and hairdryer
_Indoor Pool and jacuzzi
_Free Breakfast (which included eggs, sausage, yogurt, juice, fruit, cereal, pastries, waffle maker, +)
_Roll-away Bed --which was surprisingly Comfortable --definitely beat those 'pull-out' sofa beds!!
_Staff --friendly and hospitable
_Quiet part of town, we did not hear any highway noise; easy to find/get on-off freeway
_Free Parking
_Handicapped access room was excellent and elevator accomodated well also

Mild low points:
~Pillows (but really, does ANY hotel have comfortable ones? --we always bring our 100% Goose Down)
~wished the A/C would've 'de-humidified' more, but it wasn't bad
~Breakfast area can get a bit crowded on weekend --better to be an early riser : )

Room Tip: We were right across from the elevator --but it was still quiet. We had a 2nd floor centrally locat...
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and was pleased with my stay. This must be a newer Hampton Inn because the furniture, TVs, etc seemed much newer than some of the one's I've stayed in. Also, the rooms with two queen beds now have a refrigerator and microwave.

After checking in, I went up to my room and as soon as I finished unpacking, the noisy family staying next to me came back from wherever they had been and the front desk staff were very accommodating and let me move to a different room.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn. I really did like the workout room, which included two treadmills, an elliptical trainer and bike. Also, the rack of dumbbells and benches were a great addition.

This hotel has no smoking rooms, so you'll need a first floor room if you smoke.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The room was great, the service when we checked in was great. Being new members to their Honored Guest program, after my husband commented how much he loved Gummy bears, the clerk gave him 2 bags. The next morning my husband asked the new clerk for a bag of gummy bears and was told no. He offered to buy a bag and was still told no. The Hilton brand lost 2 customer over a .99 bag of gummy bears. I've already contacted the Hilton and suggest they teach their clerk how to use common sense with guest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Vanessa E
Dallas, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I got to the hotel at 3 and my room was not ready so I went to eat and came back and hour and a half later and it still wasn't ready so they had to give me another room. Other than this delay, the experience was overall good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends