“Great place on Corpus Christi Bay”

Doc's Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 727 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual waterfront restaurant featuring Seafood and Steak specialties served alongside cool drinks on a breezy dockside patio. Come out for the food, stay for the FREE SUNSET!
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great place to have drinks, appetizers's, dinner and watch the sun go down. Right on the water you can't ask for a better view with dinner. Nice outside deck that wraps around Restrauant with lots of room. Great food and staff very friendly. We had Crab cakes, shrimp,flounder, and oysters they were all very tasty. Great find and easy to get to.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed a few days on North Padre Island and tried some of the local places. Although not a super place, we found the seafood to be pretty good. Shrimp and tilapia were very good. the wife liked the crab cakes, I did not. Had the clam chowder for lunch on day one, just OK. I gave Doc's a four simply because it has good food and is original, not a cookie cutter chain.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I were out on a terribly ugly day but decided to stop in to see what we could see of the view and have lunch. It was a good atmosphere and the lunch was good as well. We each had one of the fish specials with my husband having tuna and me with a white fish with shrimp sauce that was really good. It was a little pricey but it was right on the water so we understand..

The service was very good as well. We recommend!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I decided to bring in the New Year at Doc's Seafood and Steaks and were worried about business and not getting in. It was quiet because of the cold I guess. They had it warm inside though with plenty of heaters glowing. They had an awesome special of pecan encrusted Mahi with shrimp and it was just what I wanted…delicious. We are never disappointed going to Doc's just disappointed more of our friends don't join us there!

1  Thank PaulJamestheDJ
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Husband and I dined at Doc's last Sunday evening. It's right on the water, great views, and we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset. The wait-staff was very attentive and efficient. Our main server, Arlene, even volunteered to take a picture of us with the sunset behind us. We got our drinks (always water for us) and bread immediately. Husband ordered the special--blackened Mahi Mahi. The portion was very large, but we can never figure out why the restaurants call things "specials" when the meal costs about $5 more than everything else on the menu. I ordered the blackened flounder, which melted in my mouth. Dinner salad comes with the meal, which is a plus. The salads were huge. Before we could even get dressing on our salads, our meals arrived. Husband ordered a bowl of clam chowder on the side ($5.95) which amounted to less than a cup and was cold. We ended up taking home nearly all the salads, 1/2 our dinners and eating cold chowder. The bill, with tip, was $60.00. I am glad we tried it, but we decided to not go back.