“Good view, so-so food!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doc's Seafood & Steak Restaurant

Doc's Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Good view, so-so food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband & I and our two grandchildren stopped here for a late lunch while sightseeing! The view was very scenic and picturesque! Due to the time of day, it was not very crowded. However, the service was very sporadic. They had also run out of several items on the menu by the time we got there! The poor boys(shrimp) were tasty and hit the spot. The children ordered off the children's menu and seemed satisfied with their choices. All in all, it was a nice lunch but not exactly sure if we would make a return visit!

Visited July 2013

Enid, Oklahoma
“Would not do again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Thought it would be good wrong prices were high food was not worth finishing. Wait staff were the best part. Music was to loud for a dinner would be ok for a club, could not have a conversation over the music. I do not recommend.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ILLinois
“Wouldn't go back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband, and I ate here on our second night in Corpus due to a hotel employee's recommendation. We arrived, and ordered drinks first. While my drink was a nice size, and looked good, it had absolutely no flavor. I ordered a mango sunrise, but tasted no mango flavor at all, and the best thing it had going for it was the cherries, and it was cold. The place is an open dining area so there were flies all over, which I hate, since you have to fight off flies the entire time you're eating. We ordered our food next, and I had the stuffed chicken, while my husband had the flounder. Both meals came with dirty rice. My food was not good at all! My rice was pretty bland, but the chicken had flavor, just not one I liked. The seasoning that was used had an awful, and over powering taste. My husband didn't like his food either, so with that being said......we will NOT be back! The service was ok, Derek was our server, and he was so nice, but the food needs improvement!

1 Thank vacationNikki
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is what is is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Cute place under the bridge on the water. The servers were nice enough but a little slow for the middle of the day with maybe 20 covers at most. The crab-cakes were good but consisted of all back fin meat (no lump or even claw meat which is a very cheap short cut). I ordered the special but modified the sauce a bit (im a chef what can I say!..lol) the sauce was week and nonexistent. The portions were small considering the price. Its an experience and I'm sure at night its much better especially with a few drinks down.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
“Great place for seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Went on a dating trip with my wife.
The place was full, pack and they said the wait time was 1 hour, I was not willing to wait, but my wife persuaded me to wait and go for some drinks at the bar. We ordered huge margarita and oyster Rockefeller, that was excellent, after just 10 minutes they called us to the table and we ordered Mahi-Mahi with in house vinaigrette. This plate is excellent, the Mahi tender, juicy and with some rosemary red potatoes to die for. The vinaigrette is incredible.
My wife order a yellow fin tuna that was excellent, seared and pink inside. This was excellent
The service was good. This is a very busy open restaurant on the side if the intercostal channel, but the quality of the food, service and price is suitable for a good restaurant.

• Visited July 2013