“Texas Sized Portions, Big Taste, Loud Noise”

Doc's Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Casual waterfront restaurant featuring Seafood and Steak specialties served alongside cool drinks on a breezy dockside patio. Come out for the food, stay for the FREE SUNSET!
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were enticed to go to Docs for dinner, based in part on the many positive Trip Advisor reviews and also by the scenic location on the waterfront. We toured the site in the afternoon, examined the menu and made reservations for 6:30 pm. When we arrived we found the parking lot was extremely packed with vehicles and the place was hopping with diners. The hostess recognized me and immediately escorted us to a waiting table, much to the chagrin of the other patrons waiting for open tables.

The orders were promptly taken (we had examined the menu beforehand). There was a musician singing in the room, loudly. Our appetizers arrived shortly thereafter. I witnessed a steady procession of waiters entering and leaving the kitchen serving all of the other tables. As patrons left, the tables were bussed and quickly refilled with new customers. There was virtually no wait time between sittings.

The crab guacamole was different, delicious and enough to feed two or three people. My wife had crab stuffed Portobello and they were delicious (see photograph). The main entrées came with a large 8” diameter salad and 8” sourdough bread. I had coconut shrimp along with a bed of rice and a side order of red baked potatoes, enough for a family of three. My wife had crab stuffed flounder, delicately cooked and exquisitely seasoned with lemon. Everything was delicious, but the true sad thing is, we could not eat everything.

I apologized to our waiter that I felt bad about how large the portions were. Had I known, we would have ordered ½ or 1/3. These are true Texas sized portions. All food was very delicious.

The only real drawback to our experience was the singer. We don’t know what he was singing. What he lacked in clarity and quality he made up for in volume. My ears are still ringing.

1  Thank olegar31

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Enjoyed the view and really liked the flounder with avocado cream sauce. Served on top the flounder, I would order it on the side since it is a little spicy and served cold.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Excellent mushroom appetizer. Flounder in poblano cream sauce was delicious. Very friendly, efficient service. All this while watching the pelicans out the open door windows. Nice for kids and grown-ups alike.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We enjoyed Doc's so much we went there 2 days in a row this week. Seafood was fresh tasting, really friendly service, good drinks and a good value. Doc's was recommended by our hotel and we really appreciated the introduction. Thanks Doc's

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Been here twice in the past month. Was struck by how accommodating the server was each time. Management has clearly emphasized customer service (at least to these two servers). Both visits the servers were very open to substituting sides, providing to go cups of tea and seemingly going way out of their way to provide us with a memorable and pleasurable experience. Oh, and did I say the food was good too? The food keeps us coming back - the servers keep us talking about this place.