“A local treasure!”

South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center
Ranked #10 of 103 things to do in Corpus Christi
More attraction details
Owner description: A tranquil respite from city stress, this collection of gardens soothes the soul with walking trails, 2500 varieties of orchids, an idyllic rose garden, desert and tropical flowers, wetlands, forest and many opportunities for bird watching.
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Our out of state visitors are always impressed. This venue is a great way to spend a morning or afternoon. If you like plants and wildlife, this is the best.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"few hours"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I so enjoyed my visit to this remote botanical garden in Corpus Christi. They have a good assortment of plumerias. They were NOT in bloom when I arrived but it looked like we were walking thru a Dr. Suess forest since they had recently been pruned. Their orchid, bromeliad and butterfly gardens are well designed. They exotic birds throughout the gardens gave it an exotic flair. They had a 1 mile walking trail but we did not take our walking shoes. It is not a huge place but is very nice place to stop. The roses were in full bloom and scented the air. For $6.00 it was worth it. They also have a small gift shop where you may purchase some interesting garden art, seeds and much more. Worth the trip if you love plants.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I don't understand where those with negative comments are coming from but they clearly do not understand the nature of this part of the country. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit here and absorbed the peace and beauty of the plants and the natural layout of the center. We took many photographs and lingered more than we usually do. It was the highlight of our day. The blending of the botanical garden aspect with the nature center was particularly well done. We plan to include a visit here for all of our future visits to this area.

2  Thank cgrauke
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We nearly left upon arrival, due to how the place looked OUTSIDE. But we had driven 45 minutes to get there. We should have followed our first instincts. No flowers but marigolds and some kale, which was the only "pretty" thing there. I was appalled at this place. I can't even believe they call it a botannical garden. I've been to botannical gardens all over the country and this is HORRIBLE. Don't waste the gas getting there, let alone the price of admission.

6  Thank free2be2