“Cole Park”
Review of Cole Park

Cole Park
Ranked #13 of 103 things to do in Corpus Christi
More attraction details
Owner description: City park that is a favorite of birdwatchers; home to egrets, herons, terns and other species.
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Recently made renovations to the park. Great place for a picnic, party or take the kids to the play area. Try to go early morning or in the evening due to the hot tempatures in the summer. There's a skate park, which is very popular for the skaters out there.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I'll admit, if you would have asked me a few years ago I would have said never in a million years would I take my kids here, but with the rats gone and patrol out there constantly keeping the little gang kids out of there it is great! They have really cleaned up not only the park but the skating park next to it as well. I am really grateful they got the little hoodlums out of there and it is now fun and safe to take childrent to have fun and get some excercise.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Cole park has great views of the Gulf of Mexico and fishing from the pier in the middle.There is a large childrens play area,a amphitheatre,and a skate park for the skater and skateboard crowd.There are walkways and picnic areas as well.It's a great place to walk,fish and take your kids.

1  Thank jmdrmd2
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Great place to take the kids, newly renovated (late 2011) large playground, it's always full, Skate park nearby for the older kids.

3  Thank nontexan
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I remember coming here 10 years ago it was excellent. They have completely let the playscape go in disrepair, I would venture to say it's not safe for toddlers. Unfortunately there is evidence left behind from gangs... Grafiti. Other than the playscape, there is a reallyneat skate park and running trails on the beautiful bay. There are some picnic areas as well, but they are in just fair condition. While I was there several people were playing with their dogs off the leashes. That made me kind of uncomfortable since I had my toddler with me. It is a very scenic drive here.

3  Thank tripcasey