I used to love Days Inn as they were uniformly clean, well maintained and pleasant. This one had pleasant personnel at the desk but that was about it.
Upon arrival we were informed that our room was on the second floor but there was NO elevator. With numerous bags and other assorted paraphernalia, not to mention my knee problems, that was unacceptable. They offered us a smoking room on the first floor at the very farthest end of the hotel hallway which we had to take. Now, most smoking rooms have a distinct unpleasant odor but this one was above and beyond unpleasant. Upon inspection the air conditioner had dirt, mold, and mildew growing in it. Yuch! This was the source of the worst of the odor.
The bathroom was mostly clean except for the bit of mildew on the tub caulking. The maintenance and decor was not worthy of Days Inns of old. The shower curtain rod had obviously been too short and they had rectified the situation by screwing a sawed off piece of 1 X 4 to the wall on each end of it and painting it the same color as the walls. The shower surround of the tub was of brownish cultured marble slabs over a white tub and caulked with white caulking. The slabs had gapped open in one corner and they had filled it in with more white caulking upon which it gapped open some more whence they did nothing....just a black hole. There was some rust showing through on the outside of the tub and the soap dish had been installed crooked and with sloppy caulking.
The hair dryer fell off the wall when I tried to use it. The curtains had the hem falling out causing one section about 12 inches long to drape in front of the air conditioner about 4 inches below the rest of the curtains. The windows actually had mildew between the glass panes. The television was ancient with a poor picture, the original fridge had obviously quit and the replacement was sitting on the floor next to the opening in the dresser originally designed to contain it. The alarm clock did not work. The saggy couch had about a 4 inch slash in the armrest all the way down to the wooden frame. The chair in the corner had a broken leg and was useful only as a place to drop ones purse. The bed pillows were flat and useless.
The outer doors into the inside hallway which were supposed to be only accessible with a room key had been taped so that the latches never closed. So much for security. An air conditioner was dripping from the second floor onto the ground beside the entrance door to the far end of the hallway and managed to hit me every time I walked by. The hot tub was cloudy and had a book of matches floating in it. There was trash needing pickup all over the parking lot and the landscaping needed attention.
Now what was OK....the desk was large and well lit, the wifi worked well, the beds were newer and very good. The sheets were nice, very clean. The towels were rough but white and smelled nice. The carpets had recently been cleaned. There was an iron and ironing board which we did not try. The hallways smelled and looked clean as was the lobby and breakfast area. They had waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage for the hot breakfast the day we went. Hot coffee, juice, oatmeal, cereal, milk, boiled eggs, pastries, bagels, muffins etc. All in all about average for hotels advertising HOT breakfast.
I will not stay here again. The rates were equal in a few other chains in the area. Look around first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Days Inn & suites, Corpus Christi Hotel. This ALL SUITES hotel is ideally located and reasonably priced with large Spacious one or two room suites for business or vacation travelers. This hotel is conveniently located on City's prime Hwy. 358 (South Padre Island Dr.) at Weber RD. Exit, Only Block from Great restaurants includes OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE & CRACKER BARREL (within walking distance), Olive Garden, TGI Friday's, On the Border Mexican food, Hooter and many more. Also Block away from Great shopping at Padre Staple Mall, Moore Plaza and Sun rise mall. We are also minutes away from City's convention center (AMERICAN Bank Center), Downtown and beaches. All rooms at this Hotel is either one room or two room suites and features Full size sofa-sleeper, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, executive size desk with wired and wireless HI-Speed Internet access, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, alarm-clock radio and voice mail service. We offer every day from 5:30 AM to 9:30 AM complimentary Hot breakfast Buffet and free cocktails with snacks from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Monday thru Thursday. We also offer 24 Hrs. Coffee and Tea Service in Our Lobby, Business Center with Computer, HI- Speed Connection and printing, faxing and copying service; Guest Laundry, Exercise room, Outdoor Pool and Spa, Complimentary U.S.A Today and meeting facility for up to 30 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn And Suites Corpus Christi Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corpus Christi Rodeway Inn
- Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi