“Do not stay here.”

Ranked #52 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Edmond, Ok
“Do not stay here.”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This motel is dirty. When we arrived we could not check in until 3 p.m. and when we got in our room we pulled back the blankets and our sheets looked slept in, coffee pot was dirty, food in the microwave, dirty carpet, gap under the door, red stuff on air conditioner top (not sure what that was), old motel. It is on the beach but I would rather walk further or even drive to the beach than stay here. The only good thing was the pool, but I think this was to get folks to stay. There is nothing around to eat at except some little diners and Whataburger. We read the reviews and thought we would try anyway because of location, bad move. I am not a snob but do not like to stay in filth. Also, we paid to stay two nights, but left the second day and lost our 125.00.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mamacolburntwo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
houston, tx
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I would have rather stayed in a tent sleeping on the hot beach than this hotel. Room was disgusting and felt like everything was dirty and unsanitary and we may be needing a penicillin shot. Pillow smelled like pee. Neighors in the hotel stayed up all hours of the night and walls are so thin that everything can be heard. Yes...everything. We reluctantly parked our car in the parking lot where people were walking around all hours of the night. The hotel staff said maybe two words when checking in and out and seemed to be unfriendly. Only plus was the distance to the beach but water had high bacteria levels so we were unable to enjoy the surf. I would not waste my money on this place ever again. Im still itching from the experience...literally.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dominotx

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

texas
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This hotel is a nice place. Many of the reviews on trip advisor are wrong. People like to write when they are mad and the mind is crazy with anger. Well my trip here was amazing. I mean the rooms are small but they are newly done. Also, the rate not bad for a beach property. You basically walk 500 yards and you are in the ocean. The hotel is away from everything so it makes it a nice place to relax and be at peace. This place is great for the price and its location is amazing. Many reviews for this hotel are stupid. I took a chance and went here and loved it and will come back when I get a day off from work. Come and check out this great place

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ronniej6987
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My husband and I drove all the way to Corpus Christi from Mansfield, Texas. This Days Inn is a disgrace. The room was dirty, there were stains on the sheets, hair on the phone, and the bathroom looked like "who done it"!! We were there a total of 45 min. In that time we told the hotel manager, Raj, that it was filthy. He then offered to give us a room facing the beach. The place was a rat hole. I had to fight with them for an hour this morning just to get my refund!! This hotel is for the younger crowd that are just there to get drunk and lay on the beach. Even at that Corpus looks like a third world country. It was very depressing. It sure didnt look like Texas!!?? Never again will I make that trek again. What a waste, all the way around.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarahrowland
Houston
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I am a frequent traveler and had collected some pts with the Wynham program. I did some research on this hotel, saw some very bad reviews but decided to take a chance. We are not picky travelers. I was told this Days Inn is close to the beach. I stayed in other Days Inn before and never had bad experiences. So I redeemed 2 nights at this motel. What a mistake! The room was tiny and dirty, bathroom was gross, there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We won't get housekeeping services until the afternoon. We walked to the beach and happened to see someone washing the towels and sheets in the laudry room in the back, (you can't believe how tiny / dirty their laundry room is) and she just laid everything on the floor. The pool area had a gasy smell. I think this hotel is family owned and housekeepers are general manager Paresha Desai's parents. They are too old to do this kind of work and no wonder the rooms are never cleaned.

All the above are torlerable, we are not picky travelers at all. We checked out around 10:30 in the morning and head back to Houston. Then when we got back to houston (around 2:00 in the afternoon) the manager Paresha Desai called me on my cell phone and told me she had to charge extra $50 on my credit card because their housekeepers claimed a blanket was missing. I was so mad!! Who would take a dirty blanket from such a shabby place. And that blanket sure doesn't worth $50!! They just trying to squeeze more money out of customers. If they checked the room right after we checked out we could drive back and look for it. We did locked the door when we checked out so I am sure no one else could walked in and took it. I think the housekeepers are just too old to find it. when they wash the sheets they may find it in the sheets somewhere in the laundry room because I am sure they will wash the blankets and the comforter for years.

All I can say is: DO NOT STAY THERE!! I can't believe she (Paresha Desai) had the guts to call me hours after we checked out and already charged $50 on my credit card. The way she talked to me and my husband was rude. I am hoping, hoping that if they did find the blanket she would call and apologize. How rude and disrespectful to Customers!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank AngieCao
dnsmith532
Reviewed March 8, 2009

This bad hotel experience began before I even arrived at the hotel. 1) I made a mistake while making the reservation and called several times to see if it could be resolved or if someone could help me out. NO HELP from the hotel itself (general manager very rude) . 2) I called and let them know that we would be arriving late as if it was there problem they seemed irritated by the fact that we were arriving late even though my card had already been charged and they were still getting their money. 3) Upon arrival no one greeted us only aknowlegement was getting the door opended. 4) Couldnt find my reservation and had no knowledge as to my late check in. 5) Seemed bother to turn on the elevator for us since we did have an ice chest full of stuff and were not going to attempt to carry up 3 flights of stairs. 6)Was rudely answered when asking for a late check out since we did arrive at 4am and would only be able to sleep for 3 hours and would've liked to come back during a break (since we were in a vball tourney) it was "NO"
7) Was rudely asked to sign as I was checking out "you need to sign this". I will never stay at this hotel again and will make sure that not even my worst enemy does. I myself work for a hotel The Marriott (not sure if its because of the difference in the brand) and I dont believe that guest should ever be treated the way we were treated. The lady and gentleman that we encountered with should not be in customer service I dont believe they know what it means and if you dont like your job then please do us a favor and leave it. And after reading most of the reviews on this site I know most people would agree.

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank dnsmith532
Austin, TX
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. This is by far the worst customer service I have EVER experienced. We booked our trip through Hotwire looking for a moderately priced hotel in the Corpus Christi area. What a mistake. Upon arrival, we were told that we had a smoking room unless we wanted to pay a $50 upgrade to a non-smoking room. After speaking with the manager about my allergies to cigarette smoke, the manager still would not accomedate our request for a non-smoking room. In fact, when we first asked to speak with the manager we were told we would have to wait ten minutes because she was on break even though we could clearly hear her on the other side of the front desk wall. Stay anywhere else.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The manager Paresha Desai
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank jonestraveling
Desaifal, owner at Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach, responded to this review, February 17, 2009
We are really sorry for the experience you had at our Days Inn. There is no excuse for this. After reviewing your reservation you had booked your room for smoking kings and at any of our website smoking rooms are little cheaper than the non smoking rooms. So for the upgrade there is a little charge. I understand that you have are allergic to smoking room. Next time if you like a better rate and a smoking room please contact out hotel directly for reservation so we can be the help for your concerns. If you have any question please call us so we can help you.

Paresha Desai