“Hotel that could need an uplift”

Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach
Ranked #54 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Seguin, Texas
“Hotel that could need an uplift”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I made reservations for two (2) rooms at this hotel on May 5, 2014 (sight unseen) for check in: May 11, 2014 and check-out: May 12, 2014. Entering the lobby there was a very strong odor (smoke or candles) don't know what it was, but it bothered me since I have allergies. The elevator the door shut so quickly that I thought my feet was going to get caught. We were very disappointed that one of the rooms, the floors and walls were dirty, the tub didn't look clean and had dirt or something in it and the light fixture above sink was broken and the light was flickering. The refrigerator in the other room smelled of fish. I went back to the lobby and spoke to Felicia, who actually was very polite and when I explained my dismay she apologized and said she would fix the problems. I told her that this place was unacceptable to stay in, particularly when I had my three (3) grandchildren, my daughter and my husband who has breathing problems and I wanted a refund. Sadly, this would of been a perfect place, but it had too many problems, not only the interior of our rooms, but the exterior of the hotel structure which really need repairing. If updates were done than this place would be #1 rating in my book. I just hope that the proprietor can get this done.

Room Tip: Buyer Beware, choose very carefully.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2014

They don,t respect the privacy and they gave me a smokeing room and that is
bad for my babies health,it
smelled horrible..the tub was discusting..and the owners also charged us an extra night because we checked out one hour late she had no compassion no heart she saw i had my ten month baby and couldnt carry our stuff out. had to wait for my husband. To help me with all the bags...so yea was charged a whole day just for getting out late an hour..money thirty owners

• Stayed April 2014
Friona, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel is horrible! There was hair in the tub and the "clean" towels were dirty. The phone doesn't work and we had to personally go ask for the iron and board. The location is horrible! when we were trying to go to the office to get cleaning supplies there was a whole bunch of men outside our door watching us.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Pixalover
Idaho Falls
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel March 25 through March 27. We were in Corpus Christi for a mini vacation. We didn't make reservations , we just drove down Surfside and found it. We had a nice stay. I admit I had read the previous reviews and was a little cautious, but I found the reviews were not true I believe that the staff took the poor reviews and used them to improve. The room was clean and I had no issues with the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful even suggesting several restaurants in the area. The continental breakfast was not the best but overall we had a pleasant stay and the next time we're there we will stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jesusfreak83401
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Priced a little high. Older place. Noisy. No hot tub.. Cold pool. Good location, nice staff. Needs some work. Room clean, bed comfortable. Had a little trouble checking in. Did it through a 3rd party, was slightly horrified when clerk said she was not familiar with the booking company. Fingers crossed I do not get charged twice!!! I would stay again, only if it was much less expensive then other places in the area!

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robert S
Corpus Christi
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel was clean and the room and bed were very nice. Beach was a fairly short walk away from the hotel. We went off-season and it was nearly empty. It was hard to find, and when we called for directions, we couldn't understand the person who answered the phone. Both my wife and I repeatedly tried and just could not make out what the clerk was saying. When we finally did arrive, the staff on-site was not very friendly or helpful. There no phone books in the room and when I went to the desk to ask for one, I was given a hand-written list of phone numbers for pizza delivery. There is not much close by in the way of restaurants, etc. Everything is at least a couple of miles away. The elevator had a terrible mildew odor. When I tried to use the computer/internet, it wasn't hooked up. When I asked at the desk, I was told it wasn't connected.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple