“Booked 2 rooms. Dirty, Dangerous & Disgusting...”

Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach
Ranked #52 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Kansas City
“Booked 2 rooms. Dirty, Dangerous & Disgusting...”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We booked this hotel through Travelocity for July 18th-21st. We booked two rooms. One for my family (2 adults/2kids, 2 Full beds), the other for my parents (king bed). Let me first start by saying that this was by far the worst hotel experience I, or anyone in my family, have ever experienced. I will try to list everything that is wrong and I will include many pictures of BOTH rooms.
When we first arrived, we immediately noticed the dirtiness of the rooms.

Here is what we found in our room: (My parents room had the same issues and then some)... The furniture at first glance looks nice, but when you really look at it, it is covered with scratches, dents and blemishes. The lamp shades all had thick layer of dust on top. The bed spreads had unidentifiable stains on them.
Further into the room, you could see the edges of the carpet had a lot of dirt and debris that could have easily been vaccumed. The walls in the vanity area were nasty. Covered in stains. There was trash left in the dresser drawers. The bathtub looked like it had had nothing more than a spray down between guests. Deffinitely not cleaned. There was mold/mildew all over the shower curtain. Anything metal was rusty. The caulking was old and coming off. The tile floors in the bathroom were all broken up and cracked and creaked when you went into the bathroom. The electrical outlets and plug ins were all broken. There was not a clean spot in the entire room.

My parent's room (in addition to the above issues) was missing outlet plates all together. The door stop was not attached to the floor. The battery in the remote had corroded and was not working.

So that was the rooms...

We decided to take the kids to the pool. We get there and discover the hot tub is cold. The switch to turn on the jets obviously hadn't worked in a while. We asked the front desk guy if the hot tub was not working (just to see what he said) and he said no, it works. There was a drain cover completely missing in the hot tub which is so dangerous...and I'm pretty sure illegal?? At this point, we were just mounting our evidence to get our refund from Travelocity because of the gross misrepresentation of this hotel. My Dad opened the filter cover and discovered used condoms, trash, some kind of mystery substance, and a grocery sack. Obviously it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I immediately pulled the kids out of the pool. There was a trash can less than 5 feet from the pool & hot tub that had nasty stuff all over the the bottom. The light covers were broken. The handles on the pool stairs were loose and wobbly.

At this point we'd had enough. I got on the phone with Travelocity. They told me to wait for the Manager and speak to him. The front desk guy told us he called him and he would be there in 30 minutes. An hour and a half later, he finally shows up. He said that he had only been called once and it about 30 minutes before he arrived so either he lied to us, or the front desk guy lied to us. EIther way, by the time he did show up, it was 10:30pm. There were about 3 other guests that were waiting for him as well. All complaining about room conditions.

The excuses we got from the Manager included:

RE: room conditions: "No one wants to work in Corpus Christy" (which is funny because everywhere else we went seemed to be fully staffed)...
RE: the pool: "I can't control what people do in the pool" (as a manager I would think it is yourresponsibility to make sure you know what is going on at YOUR property and regardless, it IS your responsibility to maintain your property in a safe condition)...

Anyway, look at the pictures of our rooms and the pool area and hopefully you will steer clear from this dangerous, disgusting property.

The 'Manager' should be ashamed of himself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Liz_LKansasCity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Terrible place lots of roaches. Not very clean, would not stay here again. The only thing good about it is the short walk to the beach.

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Noy the best but hey it's on the beach and for what I needed it for it did just find but was not to happy with the Cury stinch through the hotel. YUCK!

Few towels so bring your own but the staff is nice they just need to work on a few things. I can say I did not see any bug the room was clean just that Cury smell LORD!

• Stayed March 2012
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is the nastiest hotel I've ever stayed at. The rooms are old and smell nasty and let's not talk about the old elevator and lobby they smell even worse. I would not recommend it to anybody and can tell you that Days Inn has lost its reputation. If they would've given me a refund of at least half of what I paid I would have left right away. Bottom line is don't spend your money on nasty places like these, plus they overcharge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brackettville
Reviewed June 21, 2012

my family and I stayed there for 3 nights the hosts were unfriendly starring at you every time i went to the vending machines as if i was doing something wrong. When I went to ask for some forks they acted like I was bothering them. The bedrooms were very small and smelled like mold the, carpets were wet looked like they have never been cleaned. The bathrooms were very dirty, towels smelled nasty and the a/c kept leaking water into the room I asked for the hosts to fix it they told me 15 minutes but never came to look. I will never stay at this motel again and suggest you don't waste your money here either..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family and I stayed 2 nights at the days inn and would recommend it. As a person the usually stays in nicer hotels, I really thought this was just as good. The location was perfect, right on the beach. Plus, we were able to walk to the Texas State Aquirium and the USS Lexington, not to mention the restaurants and gift shops. Also, we were able to drive north on the highway, about 5 minutes to Portland, where there were many restaurants and grocery stores. The room was clean and the service was great. The staff is VERY nice and attentive. My son locked us out of our bathroom and within moments someone was there to unlock the door! Overall it was perfect for what we were looking for, a great value right on the beach.

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2012

According to what i saw during my stay i must say that the other reviews on this site are wrong. I had no problems with the hotel, the beds were extremely comfortable, and the pool was crystal clear. I especially enjoyed the exceptionally friendly staff that attended to my every need immediately.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family