“DO NOT ENTER-CAUTION STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach

Days Inn Corpus Christi Beach
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
brady
“DO NOT ENTER-CAUTION STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

DO not stay at this hotel. The room was nasty dirty and smelled like wet nasty dirty old clothes YUCK ,YUCK, YUCK. We had to clean the shower before we could use it. There was someones elses hair on the shower walls, left over shampoo was left from the last people. There was trash left in the room-under the covers-on the floor. We were there a week (prepaid no money back) the first two days house keeping never even enter the room, on Thursday a child soiled the bed spreed and housekeeping just pick it up off the floor and put it back on the bed. The pool was NASTY, NASTY, NASTY it was green. The hot tub didnot work and was so dirty u could not even see the bottom of it..
The air condishner was so noisy every time it come on it would wake us up. A child locked the backroom door then closed it so we could not get back in. We asked for some one to come and unlock it, is a good thing we got it unlock our selves or we would still be waiting- no one ever came. It was next to a very nice beach this is the reason we chose this hotel. That was the only upside.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston,TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed one night. This cost about twice what one would expect for this vintage motel.Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine-rather basic but did have make-your-own waffles. Room had refrigerator and coffee pot. As for cleanliness, everything seemed fine except the bathtub had some hair under the non-skip mat, and there was an empty water bottle behind the fridge - I would not have seen this in not looking for a lost key behind there. Did not use the pool, but looked nice and clean. Short walk to Corpus Christi Beach and Dolphin park.Overall, it suited our purpose. Easy access to freeway going either direction. What a burger is about the only nearby place to eat. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jbo72
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

My son and I took an impromptu trip to the coast because it had been a while. This Days Inn was the most reasonable hotel along the shore so we decided to try it out. Checked in and reserved a room for two days. Went to the room to check it out and right away the room smelled of urine and on our way out we stopped by the desk and told them. When we returned late evening nothing had been done so I told them that I wanted to change my reservation to just 1 day and right away they stated that reservations could not be changed after 4:00PM but promised that the cleaning crew would take care of the problem first thing in the morning. So I purchased air fresher to get us through the night. Speaking of nighttime, the A/C was so loud you couldn't sleep and the refridgerator was also loud and molded. The next morning as we're leaving the cleaning crew is infact @ the door. So I'm thinking, ok by the time I return it will be a difference. HA! Their idea of cleaning was to add a "used filthy" plug in. Also, the bathroom floor mat that we used the first night was picked up and hung back on the rack for reuse (it was still wet, so I know it was the same one). We go to check out the next morning and I let them have it! The front desk admitted that the air freshner was taken from the lobby and put in my room. Now I'm ANGRY! I'm spending $99/night, but you won't buy a $1 air freshner for the room or better yet get the cleaning crew to do their JOB!! Then they thought offering me a $15 credit would change things. NOT! I'm complaining to all that will listen including corporate office and the health department.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Midland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

DISGUSTING. I actually wish I could rate this place a 0. This is by far the worst hotel I've ever seen! The website is very misleading. It's in a horrible part of town, and the rooms are nasty. The smell in our room was horrible, the sheets were dirty and smelt of beer, there were bottle caps all over the room, and the lock on our door wasn't secure. The view from our hotel room was a 400lbs man without his shirt on drinking a six pack. The supervisors childern were also running up and down screaming. A homeless man was sleeping in the parking lot with his dog. We checked out after 15 minutes of checking in even after being told we would not get a refund. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on shoreline, which was way south of the Days Inn. That's how bad this hotel is... We were willing to pay double just to get out of it. The supervisor is still refusing a refund, and when we called their coporate office we were told that the supervisor is maintaining that we stayed in their hotel during our entire trip even though we have records of staying at the Holiday Inn. Just ridiculous. This hotel is nasty! Before making our reservation I read some good reviews as well as bad, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. It REALLY makes me wonder how anyone could write a decent review on this place. I'm convinced any review that's more than 1 star was probably written by a Days Inn employee. Worst hotel EVER. Save your money, and do not book this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MelissaTX07
Killeen, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I made my reservation 2 weeks prior to our vacation. I told the man that reserved my room that although I realize a credit card is needed to hold the room I would like to actually pay cash once I arrived. He said it wouldn't be a problem and my card would not be charged as long as I called the day prior to my arrival and told them I would be paying cash. I was also told as long as I called before noon on the day of the reservation I would be able to cancel if I needed to. I did as i was told and called them the day prior and even after giving my confirmation number and name was told there was no record of my reservation. After stressing out and calling other hotels to be sure I had made the reservation with the right one I called back and the same lady said "oh yeah, here you are" with no apology. I then told her I'd be paying cash. She told me there was no need for me to have called because my card wouldn't be charged til I arrived anyway. Well something ended up happening the night before my arrival there and I called at 8pm to try to cancel. At first the man told me I could then came back on the phone and said no i couldnt and my card had already been charged. At this point I became upset because I had specifically told them numerous times I'd be paying cash. He basically told me I would have to call back in the AM and talk to the manager and hung up on me. I called back and again tried to explain the situation and get the reservation cancelled with another man that answered and he again told me yes the card had been charged and if I came in and paid cash the money would be returned to my account in a week. Then he laughed at what I was trying to explain and referred me to the manager again. The next day I went in to see the manager and she said their policy is you must cancel 24 hours in advance (which is not what I was told) and that ALL hotels automatically charge your card for one night as soon as you make the reservation. That IS NOT true!!! She insisted she was the one that made my reservation (unless she is a man she is NOT the one that did) and that she knew exactly what she had told me 2 weeks before. I informed her that I would be getting the Days Inn corporate number and although they may own that particular hotel they DO NOT own the Days Inn name and they were making a disgrace of it by defrauding and lying to their customers!!! She was ok with that.
So my card ended up getting charged $121 and I still refused to stay there. This should tell you how horrible of a place and how terrible these people are if my family was willing to give up that much money in this economy just to avoid staying in the sleezy "establishment"!!!
The Quality Inn a few blocks away and right on the beach is where we actually ended up staying and had an amazing experience! They were aware of how we had been treated at the Days Inn and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable:)

S/N: I called every other Days Inn in Corpus and explained my situation and asked what they would do and was told that under my circumstances they would have no problem cancelling my reservation and that my card would NOT have been charged if I said I was paying cash!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank angel_whispers07
Gatesville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

Was extremely happy with the location, the service, and the room in general. You can tell that it is an older building from the outside, but the rooms are great inside. The staff was friendly and helped with every request, the pool was nice when the beach got too hot, and the continental breakfast was actually worth waking up for. Planning another trip back to Corpus for the summer and plan to use the same location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank eschewed
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We arrived at this dive on 4302 Surfside Blvd in Corpus Christi checked in and went to our room. When we arrived in our room it was horrible. First the toilet wouldn't flush. Next the internet didnt work which i called the front dest and was told to call this number to get it repaired. Have you ever heard of this thing before i'm a guest you should be calling to have it repaired. Shower had no hot water bathtub was nasty. The exhaust fan was about to fall out of the wall. The fridge had mold on it and hadn't been cleaned. I would never stay here again. the best thing about my stay here was writing this terrible review in hopes to keep people away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple