“College move in”

Best Western Paradise Inn
Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hotel value and service was great - we were moving in a college student and they had a lot of suggestions on where to get things! Breakfast was great too - lot of selections and food was fresh. Front desk was very quick on check in and check out with everything being accurate.

1  Thank Carole H

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept on, the breakfast is exceptional, and the staff is the friendliest and most helpful I have ever come across. The outdoor pool was so refreshing it was hard to stop swimming if you forgot personal items like toothpaste/ toothbrush the hotel had the extras

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel this past weekend 8/24-8/25 with my family for a quick beach getaway. We went to the beach earlier in the week and noticed the hotel and decided to stay based on the good reviews we saw on Tripadvisor. We had an upstairs room on the second floor. When we arrived one of the housekeepers was bringing in additional towels. She was very friendly and pleasant and the towels were warm like they had just come out of the dryer. I was very impressed with the room. It was very clean and nicely decorated with a flat screen TV, two queen beds, mini fridge, desk and dressers. Everything in the room appeared newer and in great condition. The AC worked really well and kept the room cold with no loud noise. Although the hotel is situated near a freeway we didn't experience any issues with noise. The rooms are nestled a little further back and not directly facing the freeway so I think that is what helps with the noise level. I didn't get to use the pool while there but we passed by and although it was small it was very clean.

The only issues I experienced while there were 1. HBO never worked although it is listed on the channel lineup and they even provided a booklet on the dresser that gave the schedule. Each time I tried accessing it the TV would give a "no signal" message. 2. They only allow you to eat the continental breakfast items there in the breakfast room. My husband went down to see about grabbing some cereal for my kiddos but was advised you had to eat there. I understand where the hotel is coming from but I have a 3 year and a 1 year old so it isn't always ideal to have to cart them downstairs and wait around in a crowded area when they are hungry.

1  Thank utjanice03
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel staff was very prompt, friendly and helpful. Air conditioning in room was COLD which was very nice after long day out riding our motorcycles to the valley. Both evenings we were there Sarah was working the front desk and was more than willing to share ideas on local eating establishment, pool rules and general chit chat when engaged. But she never ignored or failed to provide prompt service to other patrons or the phone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at this inn during our annual trip to TX. The location and staff was the best.
We will be back and stay here again. The Internet was little slow but not a deal breaker for us. The pool was very nice and coffee was too.

1  Thank Marie G
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here in July 2013 for a state exam I had to take. The location is not the best, but it is close to a lot of shopping centers. The lobby was clean and nicely decorated. The room I got was in the second floor. There was a bad smell in the stairwell, but the room was very clean. I really liked how the rooms are decorated. I think it is great for what you pay. I don't expect too much from a Best Western. You can't expect an Omni Hotel. But the stay was quiet and peaceful. The A/C worked fine. Minimal noise. The room had 2 queen beds and a refrigerator. I really enjoyed my stay and it helped me get the rest I needed before my important exam. The continental breakfast was decent and I was able to have breakfast before I left for my exam. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank philip0424
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had great expectations, but the smell in the hallway and the room was really bad, at one point that we really consider moving to another hotel. I talked to the front desk staff and they keep saying they don't have another room available. Then the toilet was clogged. They gave me a plunger which did not help, but took care of it the next day. If you showed up for breakfast 30 minutes before they close, you have to eat the left overs, because they do not replenished.

1  Thank Luis A C