“Clean, decent but small.”
Review of Plaza Inn

Plaza Inn
Ranked #46 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised to see how small the room and the restroom were. However it was very clean. The tolite is small and old, ran all night. The bath room has no suction vent but AC vent yes. The good thing is it is a separate room from the sink. The tv was modern, but no phone charge plugs or refrigerator. The breakfast was powder eggs and the service was terrible. Dirty tables and no paper towels. It has a gated parking and an in out camera. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Dont know if they are under new management , I have been there the past 13 years and this was my worst stay ever . No communication with the GM at all ,. Rooms were the worst shape ever . Some of my Family members rooms were really bad . Some had roaches , some sugar ants , some there toilets were not working , others the AC went out and the worst one of all had CONDOMS on the floor and that family member had a baby crawling on the floor . Family had to change rooms at the most 3 times. When we got there everyone got there rooms I had to wait 2 hours for mine . We tried to talk to the GM who never was available , to busy to talk to us or was gone for the day . I suggest you fix this if you want people to come back or they wont just like us . So we will take our 5 rooms that we get every year and upgrade to a better Hotel .

Room Tip: Check the floors for CONDOMS if you have a baby crawling on the floor .
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Victor D
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I made my reservation using a website and accidentally selected a smoking room. When I called the hotel to tell them I didn't want a smoking room they made the change with no problem. The staff was very helpful and very nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was really good. Totally worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Schandler77
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked this room because I found an excellent price online. We found the hotel to be a bit outdated but comfortable. Parking is free (the front desk attendant recommended not parking towards the back of the hotel "just in case." ~~ fortunately, we didn't encounter any problems with the parking or our vehicle.) Breakfast was good with plenty of options. Waffles, sausage, biscuits, eggs, cereal, coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, toast, and fresh fruit were all available. We only stayed for a night and based on previous reviews, decided that this hotel would satisfy us since we wanted to save $$. It was an excellent choice and I would probably chose this hotel again if I was looking to save $ for a quick stay in town. The hotel is right off the highway so it is easy to get to and easy to drive to restaurants or attractions. There are no major restaurant chains or attractions close to this hotel but most places are a short drive away so that didn't deter our staying in the Plaza Inn. The staff could use more smiles but they were courteous enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Executive King room to have access to a microwave and mini fridge. Park towards the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Norm1222
Reviewed November 9, 2012

When we arrived for our conference, the front desk told us our reservation had been cancelled through Expedia, even though I held a confirmation through another booking agent! Took them almost an hour but they got a room for us and then told me we couldn't use our state tax exemption because was booked through third party! Not sure how this will affect our school bookkeeping but glad I didn't have to turn around and drive the 7 hours back home!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotel lobby and rooms were very clean. Amenities are average. We stayed two nights, under a room block with a special group rate ($89 per night). On the day of check out, the carpet cleaning crew was at the hotel working. I had a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on my door, and got a knock on the door shortly before 10AM from the carpet cleaning crew asking if we were still in the room? What?!? Check-out is at 11AM!! Then I get a call shortly after the knock on the door, from the lobby desk, letting me know that the carpet cleaning guys were trying to get into the room to clean the carpets. My question was, "isn't check-out at 11AM?" The response from the other end of the line was, "oh, so you're checking out today?" Don't they have the reservation information at their fingertips? It's called a computer! At check-out time I approached the reservation desk and asked to speak to a manager. I could see from where I was standing that the clerk was telling the manager what was going on. As the manager walked out of the back office I heard her say, "it's a Monday", to which I replied, "yes, it is a Monday". What did she mean by that? Was I just another complaint she had to "handle"? When I told her what happened about the carpet cleaning crew and call from the lobby desk, BEFORE 11AM, the apology she gave me was absolutely terrible. A completely empty apology...no feeling, no smile, monotone voice. This seemed to be the same thing I got from other staff members during my stay. None of the staff ever smiled and didn't seem friendly. The manager apologized for the inconvenice and that was it. It wasn't until I informed her that I was not satified with that. She then asked me to wait a few minutes, stood at the door of the office she came from, was talking to someone, came back out and refunded me $20 and change for one of my night's stay. Turns out the person I was speaking to was a manager...the general manager, Lori Jackson, never even came out of the office to "handle" me or my complaint. I guess the I'm supposed to be grateful for the $20 refund. Terrible customer service...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Monica R
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Staff was very professional and provided great customer service, unlike another motel in the area. Staff went out of their way to accommodate our group and showed us all respect, especially under such a short notice. GREAT JOB!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends