Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
$138
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Near Texas A&M - Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$96
$85
ComfortSuites
Best Western Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$117
BestWestern.com
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$109
Hyatt.com
Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
Best Western Padre Island(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$112
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
$120
$150
EmbassySuites.com
$155
$93
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
$134
$127
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewspork sausagefree breakfast was deliciousfront deskgoody baghousekeeping did a great jobroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast arearooms are beautifulthe air conditioning unitstayed two nightsthe entire staffa wonderful stayshopping and restaurantsbreakfast staffcentral locationbusiness trip
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Checked in here pulled back the sheets and was welcomed by the bed bug army. Before I could grab my things and get out of there got bit.

This hotel is dirty, decrepit and they need to demolish it and start over.

If my name was Marriott it would not be on this hotel for certain.

Room Tip: Don't go here is my advice period
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DoctorVonCueBall
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear EfficientTraveler,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Corpus Christi. I'm happy to hear that my staff was friendly and welcoming, and that the location was convenient for you. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Our mission is always to "Impress our Guests" and my apologies that we did not accomplish this. I hope that if you find yourself in the area again you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Erik W.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Unfortunately, my first choice, the Residence Inn next door was full so since this hotel was available and at the same location, I decided to book it.

My first impression was not favorable. It may have been overuse of cleaning fluid but when I walked in the door the smell in the lobby was pungent. Once I got to the floor my room was on the smell changed to a somewhat musty smell. The room itself smelled fine so I go over my initial concerns.

The room itself was ok. It was clean but the air conditioning unit sounded like an airplane was landing so I turned it off which was fine since the unit was on to the coldest setting and the room was quite "chilled".

I had the breakfast the next day. The usual array of bagels, bread, fruit and cereal.

I won't go back but I certainly wouldn't say it was the worst one I've been to. They are called Fairfield because you get the "fair" price for the basics. If you want more, take a step up in the chain. One note - the staff could not have been friendlier.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Have stayed here several times on business over the last few years. I get older, as does this property. Several chain restaurants nearby are an easy walk.

Employees have always been friendly & rooms have always been clean.

Some new carpet, larger breakfast area, and a breakfast menu redo would help this old gal. When schlepping luggage after a long day, automatic lobby doors would be a welcome update too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was clean - but we were assigned to a handicap room - no easy chair - worn furniture. Basic breakfast- heat your own premade sandwich in a microwave!

Definitely will stay elsewhere!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed here for a night before heading up to another hotel at Port A. The price was cheap and check-in was pretty smooth. The counter clerk wore latex gloves for some as yet unknown reason. I've stayed in maybe a hundred different Marriott hotels all over the world and never saw that before. Maybe a future guest can break the secret. The clerk notified us that the floors had been cleaned in the morning but that they should be nearly dry by now. Part of the elevator had this weird random sanded metal look that seemed to be covering up some sort of prior defacement. When we got to our floor we noticed the carpet was still pretty damp both inside and outside our room. I appreciate that they clean their floors but sometimes hotels can make the situation worse by using cleaning companies that leave a sticky and/or smelly residue on the carpet. In this case there appeared to be no such residue or chemical smell so that's a plus. It was still too damp to walk on though so that was a negative. Using flip-flops solved the problem and avoided having to find another hotel at the last minute. I just wish they had opened the windows or something to get the carpet dryer before evening. The room seemed a decent size to me. Not very large but not to small either. I pack light and there was plenty of room if you don't need to bust out the kitchen sink. The flat panel TV was modern and large enough to catch-up on the NBA playoffs. Some in-room annoyances included a fire sprinkler that was missing a bezel (looked tacky), ugly old light switch at the door, a malfunctioning set of power sockets at the desk, and no fridge or microwave (normally very common in this area). On the plus side the bathroom was nice and clean with plenty of towels and everything bathroom related seemed to work well. The free internet seemed to work fine, including for VPN access to corporate networks. I didn't hear much from my neighbors so no complaints there. The outside lighting is so incredibly bright you'll need to close all the shades just to get things dark in the room. Seriously, it's brighter than any parking lot I've ever seen in my life. I get the feeling some bad stuff may have happened in one of these parking lots in the past but today there are enough lights to kill any shadows that may have existed in the past. Outside the room I haven't seen a hotel pool this small and uninspired since the 1980's. It looks like it's only there to add another bullet to the brochure or website page. You also have access to the Resident Inn pools, but the water in those pools looked a little, well, odd. I'm not sure what the story was over there but at least the water in the Fairfield pool looked normal for a pool. The location is next to some other mid-market hotels and a big-box supermarket and bookstore. You'll be about 15-20 minutes from the beach. Basically it's nothing special but nothing terrible either. Stay here if you can get a really good price. If not keep on looking.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends