“Knights inn”

Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Fort Hood, Texas
“Knights inn”
Reviewed September 21, 2007

My husband and I wanted to get away to the beach before he leaves for overseas (he is military) so we drove down from Fort Hood, Tx. I saw the hotel pics and it didnt look that bad. So I went to American Airlines and booked the hotel. anyways, we got here and the location is very good. The hotel staff ( i only saw one) she was nice. Hard to understand but she wasnt from this country but that was fine. The room was alright nothing to brag about but it was only 50.00 a night. The beds ughhh how to explain them let me see, it was like sleeping on the floor atleaset for me. I usually stay at the Hyatt or Hilton and you know how those beds are. So last night all the people around us were partying and very loud. I heard the girl next door at 3am screaming because the man she was with was beating her up. The walls were really thin and u can see through the door cracks. They have a pool (which should have been a good thing) but the pool was very dirty and smelled. I really hope tonight is better... Oh and if you want good pillows you better bring your own. They give you 3 pillows for the king bed but they are paper thin.
I better get airlines miles for this.

• Liked — The beach side view and close to the gas station
  • Disliked — Rooms and pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank shayatforthood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2007

My friend and I decided to get away for a few days and chose the Knights Inn on the Beach in Corpus Christi. We used a walk-in coupon. The rate on the coupon was 49.95, add $6.00 if you wanted a beach view. Once we got there, they said to add another $10.00 if you wanted 2 beds. My friend talked them out of the $10.00 charge and we got 2 beds.
The hotel is older and dated. No elevator, just stairs. Our biggest complaint was that after taking a shower, the tiny bathroom was soaking wet. You had to wipe off the toilet seat in order to sit on it without slipping. There was an exhaust fan, but it didn't work. The room was clean and the linens looked fairly new as did the carpet.
The complimentary breakfast was bare minimum and after tasting their weak coffee, we didn't bother with it again. There was no fruit, just corn flakes and fruit loops, coffee, milk and 1 type of danish.
There was a small pool, but we didn't use it. There was also a washer and dryer on the premises.
Overall I would stay here again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — dated
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank suzyqtx

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

elko Nv
Reviewed May 23, 2007

had a great stay last june at the Knights Inn, Nothing between me and the beach except sand. Walking distance from the Lexington and Aquarium. Went last June and going again on Wednsday!!

• Liked — Didnt need a car, close to everything I wanted to do
  • Disliked — A little hot
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sarahcelkoNv
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2006

You walk into the room and there are stains and holes in the wall. There was vomit on our floor and hadn't even been vaccumed. The paintings above the beds were covered in black tar and the curtain rods were falling off the walls. The place may look decent from the outside, like a cute little beach hotel, but you walk in the door and it is no where near par. There should be laws requiring hotels to keep certain standards. We checked out immediately (within 10 minutes) and found a hotel in downtown Corpus Christi, luckily. We were forced to pay for the night ($100), but it was worth it to get out of that place.

• Stayed March 2006