“HORRIBLE”

Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Austin, Texas
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

When we got to the room at 10 pm we could not wait to go sleep since our children were really tired from the trip. But the room was so dirty that we had to leave and find a different hotel. There were roaches in the microwave, pee stain around the restroom poop in the bowl, hair everywhere, dirt and dust everywhere, just look at the pictures. Too bad I couldn't capture the smell that goes with it....

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nicolhd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Great location right by the beach within walking distance. However, I would definitely book through a third party website, it will be MUCH cheaper. The rooms are what you'd expect from a cheap motel, although I didn't see any stains on the sheets or a funny smell in the room like some people have said. You can't beat how close it is to the beach, the area's probably not the greatest but I didn't see any suspicious activities. Also, don't expect the hotel staff to provide any type of service- they're not at all helpful. Hotel is fine for staying one or two nights, any more than that and I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The room stank. We walked in and turned right back around. We got a refund. We ended up at Days inn a few minutes down the road. For $6 dollars more we up graded to a much more nicer and cleaner room. The only thing this hotel has going for them is location but even that was not reason enough for us to stay there. Too stinky! I didn't even turn the sheets down. Hate to imagine what I would have found. Good luck to any one who stays there.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank afiggi
Austin, Tx
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I dont recommend this hotel at all I know is cheap but is not worth it. When we got there the room had an awful smell like urine. The small refrigator didnt work. The sheets on the bed had yellow stain, and they smell like urine. I couldnt sleep at night I felt little bugs and an itching sensation on my body. I have a 10 month baby he sleeps through the night. Well this time he woke up the whole night tossing, crying, and every time I would lay him to bed he didnt want too. He probably felt the itching sensation I did. I had to seat on a chair and sleep him in my arms. We got up at 6am and checked out. Keep the reviews seriously, I read them and I thought this people are lying I dont think is that bad and I reserved it anyways, But now that I stayed there is true what all the reviews said about this hotel.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
LA
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This hotel was nasty. My bed had hair and bodily fluids on the sheets. Also, the bed smelled like urine. The General Manager said it was the linen. Poor excuse...he either has bad cleaning teams or doesn't care about the customers or their health. Finally, the bathroom tile was broken making the toilet unstable. After one night, we left. Good location but the management clearly has not put money in keeping it modern or nice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed March 26, 2009

We booked this hotel because it wasCHEAP. It was right next to the beach, so we thought it would work well. It is true when they say you get what you pay for because this hotel was definitely not very nice. HOWEVER, it worked for us. We only stayed one night, so we didn't spend much time in the hotel. The first thing I noticed in our room was that the couch was completely broken. Another thing I noticed was the bath tub looked to gross to give our daughter a bath. The good thing about this hotel was that it was cheap like I said and the location was amazing. I would actually stay here again if it was just for a couple of nights. I wouldn't reccomment staying here for an extended period of time, but a few nights this place works just fine. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, so I wasn't really concerned about the broken couch and the tub.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
TEXAS
Reviewed August 20, 2008

As it goes myself my husband and 2 small children checked into the motel on 081008 upon arrival i asked the clerk if i could cancell the reservation for the next night due to the condition of the motel. Once we saw the placed we were scared for the saftey of our children,Yes we could have left at that moment but due to the long drive and the financial matter we choose to stay,The clerk told me that I could not cancel my room for the next night and that I would have to take that up with Priceline. I tried to explain to her that I did not feel it safe for any of us, The clerk was the owner as well and was offended by me stating my concerns to her, at this time she gave me one key to the room and walked off. I had no other choice but to go to the room and of course after almost falling thru the stairs the key to the door would not work.It took 20min to get into the room and there were 4 drug tranactions that went on at the picnic tables that were right outside our door. Once we got inside the room and locked the door behind us i could not believe what was yet to come. There was no hot water the entire time of our stay yet there was an exposed hot water heater in our room that was supposed to be behind a door that was broken and would not shut.The Light fixture in the restroom was broken and sharp glass was exposed. The sheets were not fitted to the beds and the mattress covers were covered in filth. The curtians were so badly torn and hanging you could not close them to get any priviacy. We could not use the toliet due to the fear of it falling thru the floor. I attempted to call the front deks several time to beg for my money back so we could go else where noone would answer the phone. I walked to the office and once again I was told by the clerk to contact Priceline.We loaded out kids up and left to go get something to eat and when we returned the time was about 10.30pm there was a female out on these same picnic tables having sex with several subjects.I told my husband that we could not stay here we were all to scared to go to sleep.He drove out of the parking lot and took the kids who by now were hystricial to the little store dirictly behind the motel. and once again there was a drug tranaction going on the only difference this time is there were guns involved. We left the store and had no other choice but to go down town to a well lighted area and get the kids to sleep before we returned to the motel. Once we returned to the motel and got inside our room my husband decided to say up all night to stand gauard due to all the drug activity going on at the picnic tables outside our door. This activity continued all thru the night. Once daybreak came we left the motel as soon as possible and decited not to return until we just had to because of the thing that were going on at the motel, At 530pm on Mon the 11th we had to return to the room to give our 3yoa a breathing treatment and after another 20 min of not being able to get into the room because of the key still not working I went back down to the office and told the same clerk that i needed a key thta would work to get into that room I had a baby that was havein an asthema attack and i could not waist anymore time. This girl just looked at me and handed me another key that still did not work and would say nothing more. Finally we got into the the room and and yes the maid had been in there that day because all out stuff had been shuffled thru the covers were on the floor and there was no towels not even dirty ones now mind you it is now after 6pm. Once again I called the front desk and ask that same clerk what was going on with our room she told me I will call you back and hung up. Several min later she did call back only to tell me that the maid would be talked to the next day about it. I asked her what good was that going to do me at the moment once again she told me there was nothing she could do.I must tell you I could not wait until morning so we could get back on the road home. No we never called the police because we were in fear for our lives. I complety understand that the motel has no control what gose on outside of their property line but they have every bit of control what goes on inside their property but chose not to do anything about it. This is a very unsafe place for anyone much less someone with small children. There is going to be someone killed at that location if not by the drug dealers by the very very poor up keep on the motel. Yet noone wants to take responsiabilty for the situation. The motel wantes to pass me on to Priceline because I was not happy. I can tell you this I do have pictures of this place and I have names of other guest that were staying there that felt the very same way as my family.Oh I know I will not be getting my money back and I also know you get just what you pay for but i promise you this there were much better rooms in a much safer areas at a much lesser price then this one.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank STOPIN2SEEME