“run away like your hair is on fire”

WindWater Hotel Corpus Christi
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Toronto, Canada
“run away like your hair is on fire”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

it has to be the worst place I have ever stated in and actually asked my daughters to stay in,BIG MISTAKE. Like I said, RUN LIKE YOUR HAIR IS IN FIRE, Will be calling quality inn to let them now someone is infringing on their name. This is July 2012. Things are not well with the place!!!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!! Nothing is nice about this place. Holiday Inn down the strip will take care of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kendra s
john g, Director of Sales at WindWater Hotel Corpus Christi, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete tripadvisor online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

We woke up in the morning to find my counterpart bitten all over by bugs. They told us it was just sprayed and a guy showed up when it was time to leave to spray again. They showed little concern, not too friendly, not really clean. There was some remodeling effort, but they have a ways to go. Some intense training of staff is in order.

They should have offered to refund our money.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Nothap
Windwater Hotel has a pest control company that services the hotel each month. All rooms are documented by pest control company, no bed bug issues as of October 2013.

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I don't know where average price of$92 comes from. We had a regular room w/ two full beds and it was $109 per night during the week. Very run down and not very clean. First day the cleaning people didn't even clean our room. They came around 9:00am and asked if we needed fresh towels but did not clean. They did clean on day two but did not leave enough towels. There was no Internet access. I asked about it and the receptionist told me that they would reboot the network and that I should have access. I never did. When I was checking out there was another woman complaining and they were giving her the same song and dance about rebooting. I told them that I was never able to connect and they just got me checked out as soon as possible. So I would say if you really need Internet access don't stay here. The breakfast was good, the pool is beautiful and the location can't be beat but the quality of the rooms, linens, towels, and service are poor.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Dee1728

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The exterior and the room looked to be recently renovated, but the paint job was poorly done. People were coming from the beach to use the pool. At one time, we saw about 13 young adults come in all at once from the beach. While we were waiting to sit at a table, a family were changing their clothes under their towels in front of us. Needless to say, they didn't have a room at the hotel. One of the residence complained to the receptionist , but nothing was done. To top it off, they didn't have enough parking spots.

The receptionist wasn't friendly over the phone or when we checked in.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eli6363

TX
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Apparently a former La Quinta with the next stop being an econolodge or similar and that not far in future by the looks of things. Quality should not retain this as part of their brand without significant renovation. It is convenient to airport and industries out in that part of town but not convenient to much else. It was clean and quiet but otherwise somewhat shabby, thin towels, the previously mentioned missing smoke detector, no clock radio. Breakfast adequate. Somewhat unusual for a Quality there is a managers reception some evenings.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Greg126

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 25, 2010

After reading some of the reviews on here, we were very nervous about seeing bugs. We didn't see any.
The room itself was okay -- the wireless internet worked well.
The smoke detector was missing (there was a hole in the ceiling). The clock radio didn't work.
It was very noisy in the morning, since lots of kids were playing in the parking lot (the second day they had left, so it was quieter).
The hotel is easy to access, and right near the highway and the airport.
The breakfast was okay, no waffles.

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank travelsaroundUSA

Houston
Reviewed December 5, 2008

I visted Corpus for a convention, my first impression of the hotel was that it is old and need a serious renovation, but I did give it a chance. The next morning when I got out of bed a saw a huge roach on my bed. Then when I arrived at the convention I overheard a lady talking about a roach being in her room so I asked what was her hotel, and she said Quality Inn and Suites. I don't recommend this place at all, I walked around with shoes on the whole time.

• Liked — Internet access
  • Disliked — roaches, bugs
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank 361
Windwater Hotel has a pest control company that services the hotel monthly.