We stayed here on Easter weekend 2014. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There were more pillows than we needed. The wall-mounted TV worked fine. Our room also had a microwave oven, a small refrigerator, and a coffee maker. We didn't use any of them but it was nice to know they were there just in case. The bathroom and sink area was spacious. Our only complaint regarding the plumbing is that the shower head had several settings but no matter which one you selected, there was no change in the strength of the spray, which was rather weak. We could have done with a stronger spray setting. There is a small, apparently well-maintained pool on the property, which owing to the early season was too cold to suit us but our grandson didn't mind. We liked the safety gate that was designed, apparently, to make sure little kids didn't get inside the pool area unattended. The hotel location is good. The moment you come over the JFK causeway and bridge from the mainland, you can see the hotel over on the left. It is necessary to do a U-turn to reach it though and the other drivers are going fast (about 55 mph) so be careful! There is a souvenir shop with a huge sandcastle and mermaid immediately opposite the hotel on the other side of S. Padre Island Blvd. A miniature golf course is also across the street. There are several gas stations and restaurants of various kinds within a five minute drive. Padre Balli Beach is only about a five minute drive down S. Padre Island Blvd., which for some reason is identified on street corner signs only as Park Road 22, which confused us at first when we arrived and drove past the hotel, thinking it was further down the road. When I called the front desk to verify the address and name of the road, the clerk said the hotel was on S. Padre Island Drive, which is true, but he did not appear to know that the street signs said something different. (He told me after we arrived that he is new to the area.) In any case, S. Padre Island Drive and Park Road 22 are one and the same road so don't panic. Padre Island National Seashore is about a 10 minute drive, more or less. The free full breakfast, served from 6 to 9 a.m. was good and plenty of choice: scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereal, freshly-made waffles, toast, muffins, orange and apple juice, yogurt, and plenty of good hot coffee. One note of caution: If you pay with a debit card, even one that doubles as a credit card, be prepared for the possibility of your bank holding one night's stay on your account. I didn't realize this until after we checked out and I got home and looked at my online banking, I thought we had been charged three times instead of two but the hold disappeared the next day so all was well. The owner seems eager to please. When we first arrived the wi-fi wasn't working but once the owner was made aware of it, it was immediately fixed. Our only complaint (other than the shower spray being weak) is that when we made the day staff aware of a rather scary looking centipede on the pavement, nothing was done to remove it. But since we were at the beach most of the day we just made sure to avoid stepping on it after we returned to the hotel. Since it hadn't moved, it may have been dead. Even so, it would have been nice to have it gone. All in all, this is a good hotel for staying on the island. Nothing fancy but not a dump either and good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to this Corpus Christi, Texas hotel located on beautiful Padre Island and enjoy convenient access to the beach, Laguna Madre, and Padre Island National Seashore within minutes. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN on the Island where guests will be greeted with warm Texas hospitality and find unbeatable amenities for an affordable price in a location offering all the luxuries of island relaxation close to city excitement. Guests staying at this Corpus Christi hotel will enjoy well-appointed guest rooms featuring cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator and free high-speed Internet access, some with Corpus Bay views. Start the day off right with a complimentary continental breakfast or with a refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool. To help making traveling to North Padre Island even more comfortable, the BEST WESTERN on the Island features complimentary boat parking for all guests. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN on the Island is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Corpus Christi, Texas. Make a reservation today and save! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western On The Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Best Western Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Best Western