“Friendly staff; small rooms”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Friendly staff; small rooms”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The staff is very friendly and does their best to make you feel at home. We usually stay at La Quinta but decided to stay at Country Inn because of the location (shopping etc). The rooms are and the dresser drawers are smaller than La Quinta's. The breakfast buffet has a large variety and the "living room" area is very "comfy".

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, TX
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very nice hotel! And very good rates! The location is good, close to Padre Island as well as all the restaurants and La Palmera Mall. The hotel itself is beautiful. Free cookies at the reception desk and free breakfast downstairs. Free coffee all day too as well as free wi-fi. Service was very friendly. The room was a little on the small side but was comfortable enough, and definitely luxurious. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Hoss_Houston
Red Oak, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night room had a mini fridge and a microwave, but the internet was terrible it took many trys to connect and when you did the speed was very slow even email took forever to load, they have an indoor pool and a exercise room, and they do have a business center so i guess you can always go down there to get on the internet

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ThomasDRedOak_Texas
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear ThomasDRedOak_Texas,
Thank you for your feedback on the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi. I hope you had a chance to use our pool and fitness room while you were here. I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the internet. I will have my team look into this to make sure other guests are not having the same problem. I hope the next time you find yourself in the area you will once again be our guest.

Betty K.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I was pleased with the room. It was clean, AC worked well and it was in a good location with lots of restaurants around. My biggest and only complaint is the internet. I've stayed in a lot of hotels because I travel quite a bit on business and the internet here was by far the worse I've had to deal with.

If they can fix the issue with the internet, I'm sure they'll get better overall ratings. For this reason is why I can't give it a higher than 3. Internet is very important when it comes to hotel stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CorpusChristiCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and I am glad that it shows through to our guests.
Please accept my apologies for your frustration with our internet service. We take issues like these seriously and assure you that we are doing everything that we can to rectify the situation. If you should find yourself back in the area I invite you to once again be our guest.
Schertz
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Friendly staff did everything to please. Called to see if our room was ok shortly after we arrived...we asked for more towels and there were delivered in minutes. Breakfast buffet was good, bacon eggs,waffles, yogurt and the normal continental breakfast fare. Staff watching over the buffet were attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. One let down was the wifi service was weak, we couldn't keep a connection. We were on the third floor at the end of the hall..as far from the lobby as you could get...might have been why we had wifi issues. Grand kids tho end the cookies in the lobby...lemonade in the lobby was a welcoming treat after being out in the 95 degree weather. Will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First I will say I would stay at this hotel again. My main complaint was the Internet. I was on the third floor and it never really worked consistently. It was an on and off issue the entire three days. I did complain and they said they would try and fix it but they didn't really get it fixed. I was offered a room on the second floor where, I wad told, the Internet seemed to work better. I was traveling with my three year old grandson and we ha unpacked so I declined to move--too big a hassle. If you use the Internet daily like I do request a room on the second floor. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The TV service was good. The breakfast was good with a good variety of foods. The pool was kind of warm to me and the workout room was ok. Only other complaint I had was that each day the maid only left two wash cloths. There were four towels and and towels but only two wash clothes. Go figure. Service was okay, not bad but not really outstanding. However the front desk person on check in was very friendly and the person I made the complaint to called me back to see if the issue had been fixed.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the third floor if you want good Internet service.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Central TX
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed their a single night with the family. Nothing spectacular, but clean, quiet, welcoming, and affordable. Their location is in a very commercial area with lots of stores/shopping right in the area, and it is fairly centrally located. The indoor pool is small, but nice enough for a quick dip. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was typical for a free continental breakfast hotel - not great, not terrible, but adequate. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family