“Nice and clean rooms but terrible internet”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice and clean rooms but terrible internet”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I was pleased with the room. It was clean, AC worked well and it was in a good location with lots of restaurants around. My biggest and only complaint is the internet. I've stayed in a lot of hotels because I travel quite a bit on business and the internet here was by far the worse I've had to deal with.

If they can fix the issue with the internet, I'm sure they'll get better overall ratings. For this reason is why I can't give it a higher than 3. Internet is very important when it comes to hotel stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CorpusChristiCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and I am glad that it shows through to our guests.
Please accept my apologies for your frustration with our internet service. We take issues like these seriously and assure you that we are doing everything that we can to rectify the situation. If you should find yourself back in the area I invite you to once again be our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Schertz
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Friendly staff did everything to please. Called to see if our room was ok shortly after we arrived...we asked for more towels and there were delivered in minutes. Breakfast buffet was good, bacon eggs,waffles, yogurt and the normal continental breakfast fare. Staff watching over the buffet were attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. One let down was the wifi service was weak, we couldn't keep a connection. We were on the third floor at the end of the hall..as far from the lobby as you could get...might have been why we had wifi issues. Grand kids tho end the cookies in the lobby...lemonade in the lobby was a welcoming treat after being out in the 95 degree weather. Will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First I will say I would stay at this hotel again. My main complaint was the Internet. I was on the third floor and it never really worked consistently. It was an on and off issue the entire three days. I did complain and they said they would try and fix it but they didn't really get it fixed. I was offered a room on the second floor where, I wad told, the Internet seemed to work better. I was traveling with my three year old grandson and we ha unpacked so I declined to move--too big a hassle. If you use the Internet daily like I do request a room on the second floor. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The TV service was good. The breakfast was good with a good variety of foods. The pool was kind of warm to me and the workout room was ok. Only other complaint I had was that each day the maid only left two wash cloths. There were four towels and and towels but only two wash clothes. Go figure. Service was okay, not bad but not really outstanding. However the front desk person on check in was very friendly and the person I made the complaint to called me back to see if the issue had been fixed.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the third floor if you want good Internet service.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Central TX
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed their a single night with the family. Nothing spectacular, but clean, quiet, welcoming, and affordable. Their location is in a very commercial area with lots of stores/shopping right in the area, and it is fairly centrally located. The indoor pool is small, but nice enough for a quick dip. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was typical for a free continental breakfast hotel - not great, not terrible, but adequate. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, MD
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I were traveling around a couple cities in Texas and we stayed at an Extended Stay America in Austin and a Doubletree in San Antonio and this hotel here and I found this one to be the best. We had booked the room on Hotwire. When we drove down we found it and were somewhat nervous about the area, because we came through the backstreets and it looked questionable, but was fine once we settled in. The guy who worked the desk was friendly and took care of so right away. Our room was really nice, spacious, comfortable and clean.

The free Wi-Fi was pretty good overall and the amenities such as the breakfast weren’t too bad. It was close to the expressway and there were plenty of options to eat at and we found some really great places. Overall the rooms were very clean, fresh and the hotel itself was well maintained. One issue though was lack of convenient electrical outlets next to the bed.

I couldn't sleep our last night there, not because of the bed, because of other issues and I wandered down to the lobby to use my laptop without disturbing my girlfriend. I found they had fresh cookies and iced tea put out over night and you could still get a bowl of cereal and milk, which was a pleasant surprise.

It was the best stay of our entire trip and I’d recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Field_Master
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband wanted to take me, and his mother to Corpus for mothers day weekend, and we looked at ALL the ratings of hotels around Corpus. We really wanted to stay off of Surfside, so we could be close to the Aquarium. This hotel came out with 9 out of 10 stars. So, we ended up booking, and on top of it, the lady I talked to one the phone gave us a deal! We arrived, and checked out the place, it was clean from the Inside, and when entered, the hotel inside was clean too. Just checking in was taking a bit long, but got our keys and were asked if we were on business trip or vacational? We said vacation-Mothers day weekend. She then gave us discount tickets to the Aquarium, and a Map around Corpus. We entered the room, and the Beds OMG! when I laid down, I did'nt want to get up. After our two day stay, we decided we will return over the 4th of July weekend. Just the right timing for my Birthday which is the 4th of July!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the parking lot, and it was quiet, and have requested when we go back again, we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Alberta
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A special thank you to Opal C. for making us feel so welcome at breakfast time. She made extra bacon and biscuits just for my husband. She also really connected with us giving us friendship, which felt really good. She served so many people that weekend, but made us feel like her special guests.

Rebecca