“Update on reliable play to stay”

Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples
Ranked #45 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Jacksonville, NC
“Update on reliable play to stay”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

After my recent stay (November/December 2012), I am updating my review of this hotel to let people know that all the good points about this property are still there. However, there is construction going on in the street right in front of the hotel and getting into the driveway is difficult. Don't let this discourage you. Just be very, very careful. There is a small sign pointing the way between the orange and white barrels directing traffic. It is easy to miss and difficult to see at night. If you are approaching the hotel from either SPID or Saratoga, go very slowly. The road is rough, but you can get there. Once there, the always friendly staff is on duty and a good night's sleep awaits you.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a room in the front of the hotel and in the back. So far, the back is a bit quiete...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this review, December 10, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bradley, Illinois
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel is in a beautiful location with plenty of shopping and restraunts in the area! Not far from the mall or the beach. The staff is the friendliest staff I've ever known at any location. If there is anything we ever need, the staff does their best to provide it. They are great, and a pleasure to see, every time I stay there!

Room Tip: I like the Deluxe rooms the best, they are VERY Spacious. The Corner rooms are great because you ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Corpus Christi - Staples. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The front desk and housekeeping staff were very accommodating and very customer friendly. Really enjoyed having the full sized refrigerator and stove. My room had a queen sized bed and a full sized sofa bed. BBQ pit/Swimming Pool outside available for guests to use was really nice, also although the fitness room was not open during my stay, ALL guest including me were able to go to the nearby Gold's Gym for FREE. I really recommend staying here for anybody needing a place to stay at longer than 30 days. I without a doubt felt like I was at a " home away from home."

Room Tip: The longer you Stay the better, you'll then get that " being at home" feeling.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this review, November 2, 2012

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and really saved a lot of money with the kitchen equipped room. Very good location with lots of groceries and restaurants within a mile radius. Also, it was centrally located to the beach areas and downtown Corpus. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel staff was very accommodating and comfortable. Really enjoyed having the full sized refrigerator and stove. Our rooms as a queen sized bed and a full sized sofa bed. Bar be Que pit outside available for guests to use was really nice. I really recommend staying here with the family

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank RBmoreno
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in early July. It's was nice having a full kitchen. The room was fairly clean and the A/C worked very well. The mattress was a little hard, but we've been on worse. The front desk staff were very friendly, helpful and always had genuine smiles on their faces. Our only complaint would be the road construction on Staples. It was horrible and very inconvenient. Overall, we would stay at this hotel again and also recommend it to others. Hopefully the next time we go the road construction will be complete.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Josmartin
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Corpus Christi - Staples. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We literally walked in our room, turned around and walked out. It was that bad. The black stains on the green carpet throughout the hotel was the first indicator.
We were on the property for a total of 10 minutes and that was 10 minutes too long. Loaded our things back up and went to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Corpus Christi - Staples. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.