“Great stay, home away from home!!”

Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples
Ranked #44 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel staff was very accommodating and comfortable. Really enjoyed having the full sized refrigerator and stove. Our rooms as a queen sized bed and a full sized sofa bed. Bar be Que pit outside available for guests to use was really nice. I really recommend staying here with the family

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank RBmoreno
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in early July. It's was nice having a full kitchen. The room was fairly clean and the A/C worked very well. The mattress was a little hard, but we've been on worse. The front desk staff were very friendly, helpful and always had genuine smiles on their faces. Our only complaint would be the road construction on Staples. It was horrible and very inconvenient. Overall, we would stay at this hotel again and also recommend it to others. Hopefully the next time we go the road construction will be complete.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Josmartin
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Corpus Christi - Staples. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We literally walked in our room, turned around and walked out. It was that bad. The black stains on the green carpet throughout the hotel was the first indicator.
We were on the property for a total of 10 minutes and that was 10 minutes too long. Loaded our things back up and went to another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Corpus Christi - Staples. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Excellent value and very friendly staff. Had zero problems and close to so much. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Got a suite and had two queen beds and pull out couch. able to sleep with 3 adults and 3 children ve...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob B
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Corpus Christi - Staples. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here a week. Had a bad start with the rate changing higher than my reservation. First room was dirty so we switched. Room was not great - needed to be refurbished. Never used the pool as a lady had a huge dog that swam with her. Breakfast was packaged muffins and bagels. Bad experience for us.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank wineanddine32
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I spent four weeks at this hotel. The property is well situated in the southwest part of Corpus. It is close to a major grocery store (rooms have kitchens), a wide variety of restaurants, stores, and health care facilities. The rates are reasonable and get lower the longer you stay. The front desk personnel are very helpful and seem eager to do anything they can to make your stay comfortable. I would definitely stay there the next time I am in Corpus Christi.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NCTraveler107
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Corpus Christi is not known for its "fine" hotels. The 3 best hotels in town (Omni, Homewood and Embassy Suites) all charge plenty. For under $75 a night, about average for this town, you get a nice, clean room with a very friendly staff, always. This is an extended stay property, so pets are allowed, and there's usually smoking rooms available on the top floor (3rd).
If you need a more sanitary environ, then be prepared to fork over +$130 for a comparable room. This is my forth stay here, and I've never been disappointed. My preference is Homewood Suites by Hilton, but their rates have gone up substantially in the last couple of years.
The cheaper Hotels are not worth the gamble when visiting Corpus. Extended Stay Deluxe is my #4 rated property, but my 1st choice every time.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Suite is worth the extra 20 if traveling with family
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family