“Best in Corpus...For The Money”

Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Best in Corpus...For The Money”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Corpus Christi is not known for its "fine" hotels. The 3 best hotels in town (Omni, Homewood and Embassy Suites) all charge plenty. For under $75 a night, about average for this town, you get a nice, clean room with a very friendly staff, always. This is an extended stay property, so pets are allowed, and there's usually smoking rooms available on the top floor (3rd).
If you need a more sanitary environ, then be prepared to fork over +$130 for a comparable room. This is my forth stay here, and I've never been disappointed. My preference is Homewood Suites by Hilton, but their rates have gone up substantially in the last couple of years.
The cheaper Hotels are not worth the gamble when visiting Corpus. Extended Stay Deluxe is my #4 rated property, but my 1st choice every time.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Suite is worth the extra 20 if traveling with family
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DenverCyko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We went to Corpus Christi, September 3-5 2011 to be married and spend our honeymoon. :) Luckily for us found a great deal at the Extended Stay through Hotel.com. It only cost us around $60 a night. So definitely a good place for couples on a budget. Now if your expecting the Hilton, then this place isn't for you. However we found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. The location is great especially if you need to get to island as we needed to. And our room was nice, clean, and spacious. The best way to describe our room is picture a small 1 bedroom loft. Another great thing about Extended Stay is having a full kitchen. Yes a full-size refrigerator, stove, oven, micro-wave, and cabinets. They even had a few plates, glasses, and silverware. Now for us only being there 3 days it's not a big deal, but if you plan on staying in a room for two weeks or more it is especially nice to have kitchen instead of eating out every day.

Now there was only one small bad thing about Extended Stay. You can hear your neighbors from time to time. Nothing major just foot steps and can hear people talk. My husband and I however are used to it since we live in an apartment and the small noise factor did not bother us. But for some people they may not like it. Extended Stay did have some breakfast items, such as fruit, bagels, and muffins but not a contential breakfast buffet. Those are really the only two things that some people may frown upon. For my husband and I though we thought it was a wonderful hotel. We would definitely stay there again next time we go to Corpus Christi.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jess7484
Orange, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2011

A very nice place to stay, the afternoon staff was soo friendly and very helpful to us, in pickiing places to dine!!! the only thing I found dirty, was the top of the refrigartor, hasnt been cleaned in awhile, Other than that, It was clean!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank brumleylis
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I was greeted as if I were family at the Extended Stay Deluxe! They made sure that I was quickly checked in and answered any questions I had about the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jerryg78258
Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I spent 2 nights here, July 18 & 19. I called to see if we could check in early and was told that there was no one at the desk. Okay, this is a motel right? Shouldn't someone be at the desk? Well, apparently not. They have a sign they put on the desk saying they are away from the desk and will return shortly. So if you need something, you are out of luck.
The carpet is worn and dingy. Our room was okay but smelled faintly of smoke, ick. Above our bed where the smoke alarm should have been, there were just wires dangling. One of the lamps was missing a light bulb, and the battery in the kitchen clock was dead. They did replace the battery in the clock but we never did get a lightbulb or a smoke alarm. Is it a law that motel rooms must have alarms?
The second day of our stay, I dropped our towels off at the front desk and was told I could get clean ones later that afternoon. No daily maid service. We returned about 4 o'clock and were given towels but there were no washcloths available. Never did get any washcloths. How can you have a motel and not have enough washcloths???
Went to the pool that afternoon. It is very small, te chairs were dirty, and the water in the pool was unpleasantly warm. The pool was not too clean either.
We stayed here because we were told that the Residence Inn, where we usually stay, was doing some renovations, and there might be noise and some areas would not be accessible. I will stay at the Residence Inn from now on, no matter what they are doing. It is clean and very nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Holly816
Houston, TX
Reviewed April 2, 2009

The management was kind, courteous and professional. They immediately addressed and were genuinely concerned with my needs. I felt like a guest not a number.

I was even more impressed as I listened to Margaret take care of other customers as well. She was consistently professional and kind. I would highly recommend this hotel. I plan on staying everytime I come to Corpus. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank lgarcia0729
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 22, 2009

My family stayed for four nights at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Corpus for Spring Break 2009. We saw several dumpy hotels out near the causeway, on Padre Island, and in Aransas Pass advertising rooms for the same price we paid. Extended Stay provided coffee and plain bagels almost every morning. I’m tempted to say something about coffee/bagels only on weekends, but the offering was so spartan, that it’s just not worth it.

We stayed in one of two handicapped rooms due to a family member on crutches. The room was clean, the bathroom fixtures were up-to-date (i.e. 30 years old and rusting), and the small kitchenette was adequate for our needs. “Daily refresh services” (e.g. vacuuming, making the bed, fresh towels, and removing trash) was $3/day extra. There were a few dishes and one packet of dish-washer powder for the automatic dishwasher. The handicapped shower flooded the bathroom every time we used it, but we’re innovative people, so we found ways to de-flood the bathroom.

The bottom line: This place was slightly better than average at this price point, and yes, we would stay again to avoid paying Spring Break peak-prices elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family