“a decent stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“a decent stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2008

I used my mastercard rewards points to book a 4 night stay here. amusingly enough, travel websites had this hotels 50% off promotion for extended stays but their own website did not. I got my four nights for the rough equivalent of $120 total while their website wouldn't give anything better than about $200 something plus tax for the stay. on arrival, I see the area is still a bit damaged from the recent hurricanes, including the bridge that extends navigation boulevard to the coastal/island area of corpus christi, somewhat affecting accessibility. the hotel itself shows a few minor signs of wear on the outside but no big deal. office staff is friendly enough but had some difficulties trying to send a fax. bed is comfortable, room is well furnished but water pressure is low and towels seem to have varied and not entirely fantastic smells.

• Liked — comfortable, rooms well maintained
  • Disliked — questionable cleanliness of towels and such
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank crazyasianman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Beeville, Texas, U.S.A.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

Booked online through the following website:
The rooms were clean and the property was well maintained. The manager was very interested in trying to make our stay comfortable. The rooms come with a refrigerator, microwave, and a nice size TV. If you use the website listed above, you can get a great price which is less than their advertised price. If you are looking for a clean room with a quiet location at an economical price, this place should fit your needs.

• Liked — Price and cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Tall_Tiger
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2008

I was a little apprehensive staying at a motel that had not had any recent reviews, but was willing to take a chance... I was so pleasently surprised and extremely satisfied in every way. I was traveling with a child who is hyper and my daughter. Our room was clean and very spacious... My grandson had plenty of room to play and could set up his DVD player and watch it while we watched TV and didn't disturb each other. The Staff was great and it was very accessible and had 2 washer & dryers available so we could wash up our clothes before we left so they wouldn't smell like the sea water... It was safe and the pool was clean and kept up. We had a gas station right next door and an awesome choice of restaurants to choose. The free breakfast was great !! I was just expecting muffins and cereal, but we had hot eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, fresh juice and you could even make your own waffle if you chose to.... The pictures are true, not made up... I would recommend this place to everyone..Thanks Again.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — just expand the breakfast hours to say 6-10
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2008

We only paid $59.00 a night and you do get your money's worth.
The staff there was really nice, the cleaning ladies where very nice as well. The breakfast was ok my husband and i made our own wafles and you could have other things as well. We went for our 1st year anniversary and it was a great experience. The beach is only 5 minutes away and it was a very private hotel my husband and i enjoyed our stay and will stay there again any day.

It was all great for the price and it was clean there. No complaints except for the water pressure in the shower it was low.

Shannon :)

• Liked — The friendlness and privacy
  • Disliked — the water pressure
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2006

The room smelled off ammonia and the waste basket in the rest room was full of a liquid that appeared to be urine. We ended up checking out after finding the liquid. We left there and ended up staying at another hotel on Shoreline Blvd...

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2006

I stayed here to be with some freinds during a 4 day trio to Corpus Christi, i would never do so again. The lady at the front desk didn't know where rooms were located, never sent up a roll away bed that I arranged from registration 2 weeks ahead (then flat out lied and said they were out when I saw 2 behind the counter is a storage room. In addition, sent us to 2 rooms with keys that were already occupied, not to mention the neighborhood is a bit shady.
Then I went inside our room that was the furthest point from our friends as possible. I made my kids wear shoes inside the room as the bottoms of our feet turned black AFTER we showered from the filthy carpet. Pool is on the side of the highway with a nice view of the gas station prices as the only thing that seperated the pool from Valero is a privacy fence. The A/C sounds like a diesel engine, but it was cool.
Trust me, I am not bitter but burned, stay somewhere else. I have more bad stories but I would just be whinning. The lasy at the front desk was a joke, a absolute riot that knew nothing about treating customers right and I would give here a 0 on hotel knowledge. There are plenty of other places to stay in the area, find one.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2006

Booked over the internet from out of state, looked pretty good. Very surprised when we got there. We had to check and make sure it was the right one because it didn't look anything like the pictures. Outside corridors were very loud. Fan in the bathroom did not work. Towels were stained very badly. The place is falling apart. There are holes in the wall that haven't been fixed. The breakfast was okay but they didn't have any fruit. Unsafe area of town also. We left after one night. Went to Days Inn where we stayed one night because it was so awful. Ended up at the Comfort Suite on S. Padre Island Drive and it was great! Don't stay here!!!

• Stayed February 2006