“Clean Room Good Rates” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Green Valley, Arizona
“Clean Room Good Rates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I arrived in Corpus Christi with a guaranteed reservation for a jacuzzi suite with a competitor but they mishandled my reservation and I was left with no room on a busy weekend in Corpus Christi. After searching for hours and making many phone calls this was all I could find. It certainly wasn't the jacuzzi suite I had looked forward to but the staff was very pleasant and the room which included a refrigerator and microwave was very clean. This is an older property which shows signs of its age but given the bind I was in, a clean room was all I could realistically hope to find. I found the staff very accommodating, showing me the room before I agreed to stay and assigning me a room which was in the back and away from the noise of the traffic. In the morning only coffee and packaged rolls were available but again the eating area was very clean and the staff helpful in providing me directions to where I was going. Bed was comfortable and linens and towels were adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back where it will be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

This RWI is a very well kept and maintained mature property with a great staff and great prices. Stay a week and save $100's! Is it perfect? No. Is it $20-$40 less per night than that nearby chains? You bet. Clean room, refrigerator and microwave. A/C worked fine. Comfortable bed, working TV, very clean. The towels and the light sockets are both a little skimpy, but a request for added towels and an extension cord was answered immediately. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate (though the rooms are very quiet).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cabot
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are nasty. Curtains have holes.in them. Rooms smell very bad. I would suggest sleeping in your car before staying here!!!!!!! The location is close to interstate thats the only positive. Stay away!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank JT1993
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

There were stains on the bed sheets, stains on the mattresses, holes in the curtains, holes in the walls, plug covers missing, no tub stoppers. Housekeeping half cleaned our room. Housekeeping came to reclean our room in flip flops and short shorts. Some guy knock on our door around 10pm looking like a gang banger sweating asking if we ordered some towels, but we didnt open the door. There was trash stacked up outside our door for 2 days. Housekeeping landry room was right next door and they talked loud all day long outside our door starting around 5am every morning. People were hanging out all times of the night. Front desk area smelled like musk. The free breakfast made me turn around and go back out.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ryan B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

the room was the worst! We walked into the room and the first thing that happens in my daughter yells "mommy a bug". Roaches were coming and going as soon as we walked in. Tried to turn the air conditioner on and it didn't work so my Husband pulled off the cover and More Bugs. these one looked like beetle bugs just living inside of the air-conditioner. As for the Bathroom. HAHA! You'd be better off sleeping in your car and going to the bathroom at a gas station before staying here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KoKo B
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced room fairly close to downtown Corpus and the attractions, and Rodeway was a really good price. We don't expect much; just efficient and friendly service, clean room, and things that work. We got all of that. The two desk clerks we dealt with were very helpful and nice, and the recommendations for restaurants and directions were right on. this is not a resort, it's just a nice, clean motel, but that's all we wanted. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend's family and I spur of the moment decided to head to Port Aransas on Friday night rather than dealing with the traffic on Saturday morning. I looked up some prices and reviews and found this "hotel". I phoned the business to ask about the rooms to verify that they were still available for the same price listed online. We chose a smoking, double bed room for a little over $80. A company that I've worked for swears by Choice Hotels enough to even have a partnership with them and that permits us to have a discount with the rooms. I generally have good experiences with them but once we got into the room (which we knew was not going to be luxurious) we immediately felt dirty. There were roaches around the sink, a few of the plugs looked as if they had caught fire previously, there was trash shoved into the air conditioner vents, and the vent in the bathroom was actually coming off/hanging. Not to mention when we arrived there was a room near ours that had tons of beer bottles outside of the door and to top it off there was a bucket of vomit directly next to it. We made that discovery at about 2 am (when we arrived) & when we checked out it was still there at 10 am smelling entirely more pleasant as it was already about 90 degrees out!! THIS WAS THE WORST "HOTEL" EVER! You're better off sleeping in your car with the doors unlocked.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family