“Nice Stay”

Residence Inn Corpus Christi
Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed at Residence Inn for two nights. Clean and good size rooms. Breakfast was good. Staff is friendly. Will stay again for sure

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Central location close to shopping and restaurants. Quiet and intimate. Nice bed, fully equiped kitchen and pull out couch in the living room. Friendly staff. However, the shower drain was plugged. When I called for service at 6pm on Saturday, they said they had no one to take care of the problem until Sunday, when someone came and left it in worse shape. Linens were provided for hyda bed, but mattress cover had hairs on it and blanket was not provided. When we called for a blanket at 10:00pm, they said they were being washed and would take 1 1/2 hours.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank SolymarBQ
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Residence Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Corpus Christi Residence Inn in mind next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed April 16, 2009

Everything started right after check in the Fireplace in our room didn't work so we went to the front desk to inform them, well to our surprise they knew about it and didn't tell us at check in, it never got fixed during our 3 day stay.
Later that day we took our kids to the pool and we can't imagine how much chlorine they put in that pool, it was so bad that we had to leave after 15 minutes because our eyes burned really really bad, also we couldn't find any towels by the pool.
By far the most disgusting thing we discovered at night, as we pulled out the pull out bed we found a mattress with blood stains all over it not to mention other stains, we called the front desk to come and replace the mattress, well we had to call them twice and they showed up 45 minutes later without even saying they would be sorry about it!!!
The next morning we found hair in the eggs..etc.
The day we checked out we had three other people in line complaining about that place.
We do travel a lot and we never stayed in a place that bad ever before!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pani96
Reviewed May 31, 2008

This is really a nice, comfortable property...great for dogs with lots of grass out back, but the housekeeping is as bad as I've seen anywhere - at least on my floor. I called the front desk twice to get the room vacuumed and it never happened. I finally had to go get a vacuum cleaner from them the next day and do it myself. The housekeeping staff seems to be more interested in watching TV than cleaning the rooms. They turn the televisions up really loud and leave the doors open. Guests were walking by just shaking their heads in disbelief. I called for some extra towels and received them almost 4 hours later. I travel 75% of the time and this is just shockingly bad, especially for a Marriott brand hotel. It's a management issue, not just a housekeeping issue.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaFS
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I had a pretty nice stay at Residence Inn Corpus Christi.
I stayed in a suite with a king bed and sofa bed with my parents and teenage sister. But There were a few issues with the suite my parents say the king bed was comftorable but the sofabed on the other hand was awful it was lumpy, hard and I could feel springs stick into my back every time I moved. The pillows were flat. the suite was also quite small. The kitchenette was an okay size. the bathroom was attached to the very small bedroom wich made it very hard to get to the bathroom at night without disturbing my parents.
The TV's got lots of channels and the reception was crstyal clear.
It was supposed to be a nonsmoking room but when we got there it smelled smokey. The pool and hot tub were nice, clean and warm and one of the employees even brought out some nice fluffy towels for us. The snacks and drinks were very expensive. The employees were nice and smiled at us and said hello whenever we walked by. The breakfast was very nice with many choices (bagels, doughnuts, cereal, make your own waffles, fruit, ect.). It was in a great location right across the street from a shopping center and some nice restaurants. but there was no grocery store near by so the kitchenette was pointless. But it wasn't too far from South Padre or Museums.
I think it was sorta overpriced for what it was but the reason we stayed there is because we were on a this trip with extended family and they decided to stay at Residence Inn and we wanted to be in the same hotel. Overall I'd say this was an okay hotel. Just don't sleep on the sofabed!

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This is an OK hotel for an average stay.

Pros - actually is a small suite; with separate bedroom, small kitchen area, dining table, sofa, coffee table, TV; easy location in CC accessed off S. Padre Island Dr.; free, but very slow wireless internet

Cons - very utilitarian with furnishings, backs up to a Home Depot;

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank heathjp
Reviewed February 4, 2007

I moved here from Homewood Suites, as the Homewood didn't have bathtubs. I found out that both properties are owned by the same company, so the differences are pretty much limited to those between Homewood and Residence. The Residence doesn't have the snappy decor of Homewood, more like being on the set of the Cosby Show. But at the Residence, the rooms are much larger and Marriott's bedding is more comfortable. You get a full-size coffee pot instead of the tiny one at Homewood and an icemaker. Plus there's an indoor pool. The breakfasts and happy hour meals were virtually the same at both places. They were both very clean. There's still a problem with the tubs at the Residence -- they're not quite wide enough to fit a normal guy. And both hotels neglected to run the dishwasher like they're supposed to.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business