We stayed here two nights in Feb. 2012. Got a good rate for a Residence Inn. As per the suggestions here, I asked for a room facing front to avoid noise from the Home Depot. All they had was a first floor handicap access room, but that turned out to be fine. Actually, being on the first floor was convenient as we didn't have to deal with the elevator. Extremely quiet and heard nothing from the Home Depot.
Everything was extremely clean. Young ladies at the front desk were excellent and helpful, letting me take a look at the handicap room before deciding to stay there and recommending Kiko's which I reviewed here. Manager very pleasant as were other staff members I interacted with.
Breakfasts were standard free breakfast fare with do-it-yourself waffles and breads, cereals, scrambled eggs and a couple of accompanyments. Not exciting, but fine for what it is and none bad.
We were there to take my wife birdwatching and it is a good base for that pastime.
The sofa was not the most comfortable I've experienced and there was no desk. This may have been due to it being a handicap room, but I didn't get to directly compare to a standard room and it wasn't a real drawback to what we were doing.
This hotel and two others are located in the back part of a pretty big shopping center and getting in and out during rush hour is a little trouble. I did notice that the traffic in that whole area of Corpus Christi is pretty bad in the late afternoon.
Parking was right outside the front door and never felt unsafe.
We did drive by the Staybridge Suites on the way out and it looked like it was in a quieter area but could not judge as we went by early on a Saturday morning.
Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Corpus Christi hotel provides guests with spacious guest rooms featuring fully functional kitchens, free WiFi, complimentary hot breakfast daily, and access to our indoor pool, hot tub, and 24-hour fitness center. Our location places us next to the La Palmera Mall, and within a 15-minute drive of every Corpus Christi attraction and the Corpus Christi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Residence Inn Corpus Christi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Corpus Christi Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Residence Inn